update from 6.3.3

giucas
giucas
Community Member

Hi! i've a macpro late 2008 with four HD inside: OSX, time machine, bootcamp, a clone with carbon copy
I've inserted a new HARD disK instead of the broken one osx and restored all data from a clone disk.
Now all work well
But the update of 1 password tell me that as found extra copies of 1 password and this can cause problems during the update
clone>applications>1password6.app
Macintosh HD>applications>1password6.app
How i can do to avoid problems?
ThankYou

1Password Version: 6.3.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: os x 10.11.4
Sync Type: none

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@giucas: If you exclude the 1Password app bundle from your backups, you won't ever have to deal with macOS launching the wrong copy (and thus breaking browser integration). Alternatively, you can ignore the warning and update anyway. You may not run into any trouble, but if you do you can manually Quit 1Password and 1Password mini (hold Control) and then hopefully it will work upon relaunching. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• giucas
    giucas
    Community Member

Hallo! I've unmounted the clone disk but starting the update of 1 password it tells me that extra copies of 1 password have been found and this can cause problems during the update

Macintosh HD>applications>1password6.app

What can i do now?
    ThankYou

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@giucas: From your description, it sounds like you have 1Password6.app along with either 1Password.app or 1Password 6.app installed in the Applications folder on your Mac's internal storage. If you're using the AgileBits Store version of 1Password, keep only 1Password 6.app and Trash the other(s). If you're using the Mac App Store version, keep only 1Password.app and Trash the other(s). You should have only a single copy of the app in order to avoid macOS launching the wrong one. I hope this helps! :)

• giucas
    giucas
    Community Member

HI! No! Now i've just one 1Password6.app installed in the applications folder of my boot disk (no more Hard Disk) but the update tell me that found extra copies (just one, the only one installed)?!?!?
    ThankYou for your answers

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2016

@giucas: Very odd. But as Mr. Holmes would to say,

[W]hen you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.

So, I'm going to go out on a limb here and propose that you're running into this issue because 1Password is running from your clone — which would make the copy on your internal drive "extra". Please try restarting your Mac with the clone disconnected, launch 1Password from your Applications folder, and try updating. I suspect that will solve the mystery.

In the future, you can Quit 1Password and 1Password mini completely by holding the Control key when exiting the app. That's a less disruptive way to make sure you don't have the wrong copy running. Let me know how it turns out! :)

• giucas
    giucas
    Community Member

It turns out that, as I already wrote to you, the configuration of my macpro is: just one bootable hard drive is connected and i've already disconnected all the others so the boot is from the only hard disk present and the 1password6 can be executed just from this drive.
    I still get the extra copies error. :'(
    as Mr. Holmes would to say....this is the truth
    ThankYou

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2016

@giucas: Indeed, I am no Mr. Holmes. ;)

However, while I understand that you'd already disconnected the drive, that doesn't mean that macOS doesn't already have the app which resides on the clone drive in memory. Did you try what I suggested: restart your Mac and update? Also, as I mentioned previously, you can always choose to "Update Anyway":

"Be not afraid. No harm will come unto thee!" - Lord Kinbote, The X-Files

But if you're still having trouble, generate a diagnostic report and send it to support+forums@agilebits.com so we can look at the logs to determine exactly what is happening on your system:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Just be sure to include a link to this forum thread and your username in the email so we can 'connect the dots'. Also, knowing your timezone and the date/time of the incident will help us find it in the logs. Thanks! :)

This discussion has been closed.