Code 123456 in Firefox

This discussion was created from comments split from: Authorize if the code matches.....it doesn't match.

Comments

• chrisz2016
    chrisz2016
    Community Member
    edited October 2016

Hi, I am having the same problem on Mac OS X Sierra, with Firefox 41.0.2. The authorisation code in Firefox is always 123456 and does not match the one 1Password shows.

I have no special security software installed. I have disabled all other Firefox add-ons and plug-ins. I have rebooted multiple times. Still nothing changes.

Please help!

Cheers,

Chris

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@chrisz2016: I hope you don't mind, but I've split you off into a separate discussion in the Mac category of the forums, since you're using a very different setup than was being discussed in the previous thread. ;)

I admit I was a bit taken aback by this at first, because we haven't had many reports like this on macOS, especially when "security" software isn't involved. But then, unless you made a very specific typo, I think I see the problem: you're using a version of Firefox which is over a year old!

I've definitely encountered cases where Firefox inexplicably stops updating extensions and itself, so be sure to restart your Mac and install the latest version of both Firefox and the 1Password extension.

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• chrisz2016
    chrisz2016
    Community Member

Thanks, this was it. Funny though that Firefox always told me it had the most recent version and was up to date!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Yeah, Firefox is crazy sometimes. Maybe that's why we love it. Glad that helped! ;)

This discussion has been closed.