Authorized Safari, but now it won't stop asking me to authorize!

jeremywsherman
jeremywsherman
Community Member

The popover is stuck in my face. Luckily it only seems to appear from the 1Password status item on my main screen and not my secondary screen, otherwise 1Password would be nigh unusable. Check out this GIF of my futile attempts to dismiss the prompt:

That looks to be the code that did appear the first time in Safari. Safari told me I was all good to go and authorized. But then the status item started asking me to auth again, and again, and again, with the same code. It won't go away!

Chrome auth'd fine. Firefox, it hasn't yet asked about.

Going to reboot shortly, but this…this is a bug. >_<

Comments

• jeremywsherman
    jeremywsherman
    Community Member

It appears to have resolved itself. I did not reboot. I did:

• Click the 1Password status item, click the gear, select "Exit 1Password Mini"
    • Relaunch 1Password, which also relaunched 1Password Mini (apparently)
    • Went back to Safari, opened 1Password there, and received another authorization prompt. It stated the auth was declined the first time (it wasn't, but apparently it got wedged somewhere, as shown above).
    • Auth'd again, and this time, it appeared to stick.

I auth'd Chrome before Safari. I wonder if the near-simultaneous auth prompts threw things off somehow. (I've got all of Safari, Chrome, and Firefox running simultaneously, for various reasons.)

• chiefted
    chiefted
    Community Member

Had the same issue as jeremy. This was happening on 2 different systems I am running, my home iMac and my work MacBook Pro. Both have dual monitors, the iMac has a Cinema Display connected to it, the MacBook Pro is connected to one Cinema Display and the other Cinema Display is daisy chained off the first. Both are running the latest released version of macOS X (10.12)

• Tried to click on the 1Password status item, and click the gear to exit 1Password mini. Was unable to do that.
    • Launched 1Password and uncheck 1Password mini let it quit the Authorization window disappeared, reenabled 1Password mini the authorization prompt reappears.
    • Authorized Chrome first without any issues. Went back to turned off the 1P mini again, authorization window again disappears, but when you re-enable it returns.

What has seemed to help so far is a reboot of the machines. The authorization window hasn't returned yet.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jeremywsherman and @chiefted,

I'm sorry you ran into some trouble with the new extension authorization prompt, but very glad that you were both able to solve the problem! Thank you both very much for taking the time to explain the steps you took, as I'm sure that will help others who are in the same situation. :)

We've heard some other reports of this happening, and what seems to work in most cases is to restart 1Password mini (from the main 1Password app, go to Help > Troubleshooting > Restart 1Password mini). The steps you each described (exiting mini & relaunching it, or rebooting the Mac) are other ways to do that. (For anyone else reading this, each method described here is fine, so you can choose whichever one is easiest.)

Hopefully you're all set, but if you have more questions or need anything else, just let us know - we're always happy to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.