Chrome extension update prompt opens wrong browser window

Options

I opened Google Chrome for the first time in months, and it continuously prompts me that I need to update the 1Password extension is out of date, and that I need to update the extension in order to continue. The prompt window has 2 buttons, "update now" and "not now". If I click on "update now" it opens up my default browser , which is Firefox, on the 1Password extension install page. I've updated it, just so that I can say that i did it, but Chrome will prompt me again to upgrade.

If I click on "not now" , the "out of date" window will disappear for about 3 seconds and reappear.

If there a way to fix this behavior? I could probably do a workaround such as changing the default browser to Chrome and then back to Firefox. However, I'd rather have a fix so that I don't encounter this problem again in the future.

Pertinent Information
OS Windows 7 Professional SP1 64 bit
Firefox 49.01
Google Chrome 53.0.2785.14
1Password for Windows 4.6.1.616
1Password Extension for Chrome: 4.6.1.90

1Password Version: 4.6.1.616
Extension Version: 4.6.1.90
OS Version: Windows 7 Professional
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:browser extension update

Comments

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @komrad. Thanks for your post; I'm sorry for the trouble you're having. From the version information you provided, it looks like you have the latest extension version in Chrome, so I'm not sure why you're still seeing this prompt. Could you try restarting the 1Password helper by opening the main 1Password program and choosing Help > Restart 1Password Helper from the menu bar and see if the behavior improves?

I hope that helps.

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits

• komrad
    komrad
    Community Member
    Options

I ended up uninstalling and reinstalling the 1password extension in Chrome. That was a strange issue for certain, and probably related to not having using Chrome for several months.

It going to be my main browser for a while since the online AWS/Puppet certification courses that I'm taking only support html5 video on Chrome.

Thank you for replying.

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

My pleasure, @komrad. I'm glad things are working better now.

This discussion has been closed.