Problem with 1Password 2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword4-helper crashing browser validation

HenryCullen
HenryCullen
Community Member

Hi

I have 1password 6.3.4 from the app store,
OSX Sierra.
Mac Mini 2012

Since my recent update I have not been able to connect any of the browser extensions to 1password.
The helper crashes every time I launch any browser. I performed the same OS up date on my laptop and that is fine so it can't be OSX Sierra.

This is the same for Firefox, Chrome and Safari, so it's obviously a conflict with 1password and my Mac, but I can't work it out.

I have re-downloaded and re-installed the software a few times now and no change.
I cleared out the prefs and cleared out the old 1password 4 directory and still no good.

I've restarted my computer after each change and carefully reinstalled my browsers and extensions.
Still no good.

I'm getting desperate
I have sent a crash report but no reply as yet

1Password Version: 6.3.4
Extension Version: 4.6.1
OS Version: OSX10.12
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @HenryCullen,

I'm sorry 1Password mini keeps crashing for you after the latest update! We've heard some similar reports of this from other customers, and our developers have fixed a few things that have been causing crashes. So the next update will hopefully solve this problem - but I don't know when that will be released, so in the meantime, we should be able to help solve this one way or another.

One of our developers suggested checking the following on your Mac, as it might be related to the crash:

1. Open the Font Book app (it should be in the Applications folder).
    2. Select All Fonts on the left, then scroll down to find Courier in the list of fonts.
    3. If Courier is disabled, select it and click the "Enable selected fonts" button at the top of the window.

If you needed to enable Courier, does that stop mini from crashing? Please let us know how it goes, and if it's still a problem, we'll continue from there. Thanks! :)

• HenryCullen
    HenryCullen
    Community Member

Hi Drew
    Thanks for the reply, unfortunately that's not doing it for me, still crashing.
    Any other ideas?
    Many Thanks
    H

• HenryCullen
    HenryCullen
    Community Member

Aha!

OK My fault, yes enabling courier DOES indeed work, there are several versions of Courier on my Mac, I have a lot of fonts in fact ( as I suspect to many other people).

I assumed these were dupes but on closer inspection they were all different font types and OSX had flagged some as dupes and turned them off automatically.

So I selected all courier font types and re-enabled them.

Quick Steps:

Open Font Book App ( Applications Folder )
    Search "Courier"
    Select All Courier Fonts
    Right Click - Choose Enable

Either reload your auth code page on your browser which will prompt a new code or just restart the browser and 1password mini shows the auth code (in courier font, hence the issue).

Type it in.. off you go!

Thanks Guys!!!!
    Now I can get back on with my life.

H

• Lovage
    Lovage
    Community Member
    edited October 2016

@Drew_AG and @HenryCullen Than you! This solved my problem!

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

That's awesome news, @HenryCullen! Thank you for following up to explain how you were able to solve the problem and what you found in Font Book. It's really helpful, and as you can see, it's already helped at least one other customer with this problem. :+1: :)

@Lovage, I'm really happy to hear the steps from HenryCullen worked for you as well! Of course, I'm sorry that you ran into the problem in the first place, but at least it's working now.

If either of you need more help with 1Password or have any questions, be sure to let us know - we're here for you! :)

• HenryCullen
    HenryCullen
    Community Member

Thanks @Drew_AG for the advice & help. I see there is now a new update, 6.3.5. So all good.
    Cheers
    H

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

You're very welcome! If you need anything else, you know where to find us. ;)

This discussion has been closed.