6.3.4 update: No 6-digit code anywhere. 1P now dead on my MBP. Help!

1P_Fan
1P_Fan
Community Member

Downloaded 6.3.4. No 6-digit code and 1P is now inoperable on my MBP. Evidently the code is supposed to be accessed through the 1P Mini, located in the menubar, near the clock?? No sign of it. Browser extension tab in Safari indicates that the 1P extension IS installed. Please help -- there's a houseful of 1P users in the house who are now being held hostage.

1Password Version: 6.3.4
Extension Version: 4.6.1
OS Version: OS X 10.11.6
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• 1P_Fan
    1P_Fan
    Community Member

Update: restarted my laptop; clicked on the Mini and now have a window that says: "1Password requires authorization to work with Safari. Click Authorize if the code below matches the one in your browser."
    WHERE do I look for the code in the browser? I could randomly click Authorize but would prefer to really authorize it.

• 1P_Fan
    1P_Fan
    Community Member

And a further update: by sheer luck, I got this to work. Not sure why 1P made this so difficult; this whole update procedure is not up to their usual high standards. Could have used additional explanation in the initial notice. Hope the next update goes more smoothly.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @1P_Fan

First of all, I must say I love your username :love: I'm very sorry we couldn't get to you earlier and that this new authentication process caused so much trouble! If you want to understand this authentication stuff better, this post will shed some light on it: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/70823/security-background-for-6-3-4-extension-authorization#latest

I'm glad that even after a few bumps you got it working, and I for sure hope as well that the issues that this update caused were a one time oddity and updates will keep on going smoothly as they always have :chuffed: Thank you very much for your patience within all this process!

• magnify31
    magnify31
    Community Member

So far as I can tell my browser is not showing an authorization code so I cannot use 1Password now. Where is the code?

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @magnify31

I'm sorry to hear that you're having some trouble with the new update. Could you please check that you are on version 6.3.5 of 1Password? If you are, could you please restart your computer and let us know if this solves the problem? You should be able to find the code in 1Password mini in the menubar, by the clock. Can you see it?

Please let us know how all this goes and if you're able to use 1Password again :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.