Change from Work to Family license

Jax_man
Jax_man
Community Member

Hi guys,

My Mac 1Password is using the license I got from work. Now that I am no longer with the company I want to set up the desktop app with my Families license. I've added the Families license under Accounts but the License is still listed as my companies. How do I log out of that and login with my Families license?

Thanks,

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Jax_man

Thank you for taking some time to write to us. It sounds like you were using a license as part of your work and you're now using an account. This post will help you understand the difference between them: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/68576/the-difference-between-a-1password-com-account-and-standalone-license#latest

If you have moved all your data into your Personal and Shared vaults ant you have no more local vaults left then you can delete the Primary Vault by going to the 1Password menu and finding "Delete Vault". When you've done this you will be using only your account and not your employer's license anymore :chuffed:

Please let us know how this goes and if there's anything else that we can do for you!

This discussion has been closed.