Removing 1 Password from work computers.

greglyon
greglyon
Community Member

I have 1Password on a Mac and Windows computer at my work. I am leaving that position. I will be migrating 1Password to my new personal Mac. After that, I want to delete the program and all information from the two work computers. I have your instructions for deleting, but am concerned about your caution on deleting the data since you state it is permanent. I do want all the data removed from the work computers but not from Dropbox and my new personal Mac and other devices.

1Password Version: 6.1
Extension Version: 4.6.1
OS Version: OS X 10.11.3
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @greglyon

I'm sorry if there's been some confusion about what "Start over" implies :chuffed: If you set up Syncing first then you'll be ok. starting over will not remove data in Dropbox or iCloud nor in other devices, you need to clean up one device at a time. I just want to mention that a backup of your data will remain in the computer. Your Master Password would be needed to decrypt that data, so it doesn't matter that it's there, but if you want to make sure nothing is left in your work computer I'd recommend you to find the backup files and delete them as well. The name will be something similar to this: 1Password 2015-11-11 12_20_03 (1 profiles, 54 items, 0 folders, 1 attachments).1p4_zip and you can find them in a similar place to this one: /Users/Name/Library/Application Support/1Password 4/Backups.

Please let us know if you have any other questions or if there's anything else that we can help you with :chuffed:

• hellojz
    hellojz
    Community Member

Maybe a twist to this situation - is it possible to only show my designated "work" vault on my work computer, even though my 1password.com account has both work, personal and other family vaults? My work computer is a Windows PC and with 1Password v6.6 installed and signed into my account, it currently "sees" all vaults tied to my account. Hopefully that makes sense. Or is a workaround to create a new user in the Family account just for my work? Thanks

• Hi @hellojz,

Unfortunately that's not possible with that configuration. The recommended approach for that would be multiple 1Password accounts. For example, I have 3. I have a 1Password Families for everything for me and my wife. I have a 1Password Teams account for AgileBits stuff, then I have another 1Password Teams stuff for another small company that I'm a part of.

With this setup, I can choose which accounts go on which devices.

Rick

• hellojz
    hellojz
    Community Member

Thank you

• @hellojz,

No problem, let us know if you have any questions in the future.

Rudy

This discussion has been closed.