Sierra cannot open Mac app.

dwonk786
dwonk786
Community Member

When I try to open your app on my iMac, it responds: "'%@' can't be found." It has also issue a couple of other denials. The app version is the latest, I think... I just downloaded it from your site.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @dwonk786,

I'm sorry you're having difficulty installing the 1Password app! But don't worry, we'll help you to figure this out.

Is this the first time you've tried to download & install the 1Password app on your Mac? Or was it previously installed and working correctly? If it had been working before, did you download it again from our site because you could no longer launch it, or for another reason?

The file that you download from our site should be a .pkg file, and when you open that, it should take you through a very brief installation. Are you getting the error when opening that .pkg file? Or during the installation? Or did the installation work but you get the errors when trying to open the 1Password app from Applications?

If possible, it would be great if you could take a screenshot of the error message(s) you're getting (just make sure they don't show any private information). To include a screenshot in your reply, simply click the document button in the top of the comment field, and select the file you wish to share:

Thanks in advance! :)

• dwonk786
    dwonk786
    Community Member

Hi.
    This is a fresh install, just D/L'd. I did not have to enter key, etc., just password. Then it shakes... wrong p/w, I assume.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@dwonk786: Indeed. That will happen if you installed 1Password and setup a vault previously. The data is stored separately from the app, so deleting only the app will leave the data.

If you'd just like to start over, you can do so by going to Help > Troubleshooting > Reset All 1Password Data. I hope this helps! :)

• dwonk786
    dwonk786
    Community Member

That's what I did, but I don't know what password I used for that installation. Thank you.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

No problem! I'm glad that helped. We're here for you if you need anything else. :)

This discussion has been closed.