Problem with installing 1Password 6 on OS X 10.9 (Mavericks)

aleksandarr
aleksandarr
Community Member
edited October 2016 in Mac

Hey guys!

So the problem is very simple - I guess you can already tell from the title. I am providing you with a screenshot of the error it gives me.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• vplewis
    vplewis
    Community Member

@aleksandarr Looks like you are on Mac OS X 10.9.5, while 1Password 6 requires Mac OS X 10.10. If you bought version 6, you can download 1Password 5 from the AgileBits website free of charge.HTH

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @aleksandarr

I'm sorry to hear that you're having some trouble installing 1Password in Sierra, however it looks like something else is going on as it says you have 10.9.5 instead! Can you try restarting your computer and then checking on "About this Mac" what OS it says you're running? If it's Sierra/10.12 and you still see this message while installing 1Password, please let us know as something weird is going on :chuffed:

@vplewis Thanks for chiming in with some advice! :glasses:

• aleksandarr
    aleksandarr
    Community Member

Thank you very much for the responses guys! However, I can't find 1Password 5. Could you please provide me with a link. It seems that I can't sync the app to the website account of my team. I guess 1Password 4.4.3 is too old. Please let me know how can I proceed as I really need the correct app on my desktop so I can use the extension and work properly. The smartphone app + the access in the team account in the website is simply not enough. Or if you know how can I sync the data to my 1Password 4.4.3 which is currently installed but I don't find anywhere to scan the QR code or some other way of syncing. @Pilar

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @aleksandarr,

Sorry for the confusion about this! I think vplewis meant to say you can download version 4 from our website. 1Password 5 requires Mac OS X 10.10 (Yosemite) or 10.11 (El Capitan) so you won't be able to use that on 10.9 (Mavericks). But even if you could, it sounds like it wouldn't help in your situation, because support for 1Password Teams was first added in 1Password 6 for Mac. Older versions of the 1Password app were created before Teams (or any other type of 1Password.com account) existed.

So unfortunately, there's no way to use your Teams account or data with 1Password 4 or 5. But if you can update that Mac to a newer operating system, you'll be able to use 1Password 6. Is there a specific reason why you haven't upgraded that Mac? If you aren't able to upgrade it to a newer OS, you'll only be able to access your Teams data through the website like you've been doing.

This discussion has been closed.