How to log into 1password?

Mosgroen
Mosgroen
Community Member
edited October 2016 in Mac

Due to circumstances i wasn't able to use my computer for more than a year. Now i restarted it and also updated 1password. However the log in page is totally different: account keys, QR codes etc. I do not know how to work with it nore do the guides help me. Can you please?

Thanks in advance for helping me, regards

Rene van Rosmalen

1Password Version: 6.3.3
Extension Version: 4.6.1
OS Version: macOS Sierra
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Mosgroen

I'm sorry about the confusion with 1Password and the different ways in which it can work. Many things have happened around here in the last year ;)

First of all, if you've had 1Password for over year then you were using it with a license, not an account. You can red more about the difference and understand what the version of 1Password that you have entails here: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/68576/the-difference-between-a-1password-com-account-and-standalone-license#latest

You need to pick the option to use 1Password without an account, then you'll be able to either recover the data you had previously stored in 1Password in your computer or start from scratch if you prefer. Depending on whether you're trying to use 1Password on other devices as well, you'll need to set up syncing.

Please let us know some more details about the questions that you have and we'll be glad to help you sort them all out :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.