Stopped working after installing Mac OS Sierra. Button responds to NOTHING.

donavb
donavb
Community Member

Current version 6.3.4 Installed Mac Os 10.12 Sierra. Worked for a day or two and now doesn't respond. Tried to reload 6.3.5 and said it installed successfully. Nothing works. Need help immediately because I can't get into critical accounts. Thanks

1Password Version: 6.3.4
Extension Version: 4.6.1
OS Version: OS 10.12
Sync Type: iCloud??????
Referrer: forum-search:Stopped working after installing Mac OS Sierra. Button responds to NOTHING.

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

What browser are you using? And what version of the extension?

I found that the update went smoothly in Safari, but I had trouble with Firefox and Chrome. In both cases the problem was solved by deleting the extension and reinstalling it. Apparently there is an update needed to the extension; this should be automatic, but sometimes isn't, and this is an issue with Firefox or Chrome, not with 1PW.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @donavb,

I'm sorry you're having some trouble with 1Password on Sierra! We'll help you get this all sorted out one way or another.

Just to make sure we understand, can you confirm which button isn't responding? Are you referring to the 1Password extension button in your browser's toolbar? If not, what exact button are you trying to use?

If the problem is with the browser extension, did danco's suggestion of uninstalling & reinstalling the extension help? If not, please let us know which browser you're using, and which version of that browser is installed.

You mentioned installing the 1Password 6.3.5 update, but the details with your message say you're using version 6.3.4. If you launch the 1Password app and go to 1Password > About 1Password in the menubar, what is the exact version you see in the window that opens?

Thanks in advance! :)

• donavb
    donavb
    Community Member

I solved the problem, thank you. Uninstalled Extension and reinstalled. Working fine now. Thanks for the response.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Awesome! I'm glad danco's suggestion solved the problem. Thanks for letting us know that worked. Hopefully you're all set now, but if you have more questions or need anything else, just let us know. Have a great weekend! :)

This discussion has been closed.