New Upgrade Now extension won't autofill

Options

I have upgraded to 6.3.5 and now my sites won't autofill. Upgraded extensions, etc. Also right clicking on password section of sites I see 1Password but it does not work when selected.

1Password Version: 6.3.5
Extension Version: Chrome 4.6.1.90
OS Version: OS 10.11.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ksaq

I'm sorry to hear that you're having some trouble with 1Password update :( Could you please try restarting your computer and see if that helps? If it doesn't, could you please tell us some more details about what's going on? Do you have the same problem on every site or just a particular one? Can you please check if everything works correctly on other browsers, like Safari for example?

Please let us know what you find out so we can get 1Password back on its feet for you :chuffed:

• ksaq
    ksaq
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Pilar:

A restart did not work. I also deleted and re-installed extensions on both Safari and Google Chrome. Basically autofill is not working when I click on my set up accounts in the App. It takes me to the site but does autofill and log me into my accounts. Also, I can see the 1Password quick link when I right click in the username or password box, but it does not nothing.

Hope that helps.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ksaq

I'm going to move your post to our "Saving and Filling in Browsers" category so the right people will be able to see it and help you better, i hope you don't mind :chuffed: Meanwhile, could you please check if you can go to one of the sites that you have in 1Password and whether 1Password does anything when you click on the login data from there? What exactly happens when you try this?

Thank you for your patience while we troubleshoot this problem! :chuffed:

• ksaq
    ksaq
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Pilar. Nothing happens. I can copy the user names and passwords from the 1Password app and that works fine. But none of the automation does.

Thanks--Kyle

• ksaq
    ksaq
    Community Member
    Options

But Open and Fill does not work

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ksaq: Are you not able to use the ⌘ \ keyboard shortcut to fill either? Were you able to authorize each browser? If not, that's why it isn't working.

If you're still having trouble, the best thing to do will be to restart your Mac, try to Open & Fill, try filling the login, and then generate a diagnostic report and send it to support+forums@agilebits.com so we can look at the logs to determine exactly what is happening:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Just be sure to include a link to this forum thread and your username in the email so we can 'connect the dots'. Also, knowing your timezone and the date/time of the incident will help us find it in the logs. We will get to the bottom of this! :)

• ksaq
    ksaq
    Community Member
    Options

Brently:

short cut did not work. I was asked for authorization on Safari and I though I entered it correctly. I was not asked for Chrome, but I was using Chrome prior to upgrade. Is there a way to reinitiate so it asks for authorization again.

No autofills work. I have to copy user name and password from app. I sent report to you.

Thanks

• ksaq
    ksaq
    Community Member
    Options

Got it to work for Safari. Chrome still not working. Is there a way to initiate authorization on Chrome?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ksaq: Thanks for clarifying! The only way to re-do the authorization is to reinstall the extension. I see that we've received your email, so we can continue the conversation there. We'll take a look at the diagnostics and get back to you shortly! :)

ref: VWM-56257-154

• ksaq
    ksaq
    Community Member
    Options

All good now. Just a delete of old extension and reinstall did the trick

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2016
    Options

Howdy @ksaq,

Thanks for stopping back to let us know that uninstalling/reinstalling the extension was a successful resolution. And feel free to drop by again any time if you run into other issues or have any questions. Cheers!

• rochak
    rochak
    Community Member
    Options

I think all these problems have started since your latest update where you asking Safari to "authorise the use" through the use of some digits matching.. that is buggy as hell. I have tried installing, reinstalling extension so many times and it works sometime with no clear indicator of when its working

Why break something when it was working well?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@rochak: Improving security to protect against possible attack vectors is important, no matter what. But since 1Password is, at its core, a tool for securing our most sensitive data, we're not willing to leave anything to chance. You can learn more about these changes here:

Security background for 6.3.4 extension authorization

Unfortunately even with the way things worked previously, "working well" depends a lot on the specific operating environment. We're not able to test every possible configuration, and there are a lot of variables that can come into play.

In this case, it's really difficult to suggest a solution for your situation or test anything since, so far, I can only be sure that you're using a Mac (since you mentioned Safari). So please tell me the OS, 1Password, browser, and extension versions you're using:

http://support.1password.com/cs/version/

The more information you can give, the better. For instance, do you have a "security" suite installed, or other extensions/proxy/firewall that could be interfering? If 1Password cannot verify the other end of the connection, it will disconnect — and for good reason. Let me know what you find. Thanks in advance!

• rochak
    rochak
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your response.

I will take back my comment. A restart of safari and my Mac fixed it.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Excellent! Thanks for letting me know. It sounds like maybe something was just hung up, which often happens if there's an update pending. You should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of any assistance. Have a great weekend! :)

This discussion has been closed.