BadPaddingException when updating from Dropbox on Nexus 6P

philwinkle
philwinkle
Community Member

I use 1Password on multiple devices and sync with Dropbox. Recently on my Nexus 6P I could no longer get updates for 1Password via Dropbox as updates fail with a "download failed" error references a BadPaddingException.

I've found another post in the forums and attempted to find a "debug tool" for Android but have failed. I have uninstalled and reinstalled. I did a full Android wipe. I cleared out Dropbox and synced from a backup. All to no avail.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @philwinkle. Sorry to see that you're having trouble with Dropbox sync. It looks like your data in Dropbox may be corrupted, and we'll need to try to recreate the vault anew. Are you syncing with any other devices? If so, which devices, and is your data up to date there? Thanks!

• philwinkle
    philwinkle
    Community Member

Yes! Syncing with 3 other Macs and it works just fine there! The Nexus 6P is the only mobile device I use with Dropbox sync right now.

• Thanks @philwinkle! :) Please try these steps:

• From each Mac, open 1Password and select File > Backup > Backup Now to create a fresh backup from each device.
    • On one Mac, open 1Password, and click the 1Password menu, then Preferences. Click Sync, and use the dropdown menu to change the selection to "none" to disable syncing.
    • Check the box to remove the data from Dropbox and confirm that you want to disable sync.
    • Reboot the Mac and Android devices.
    • On the Mac, go back to the Sync preferences, and click Dropbox. Click Choose vault, then navigate to your Dropbox folder and select Open. This will regenerate a 1Password folder in Dropbox, and that will contain a new 1Password.opvault file.
    • Allow Dropbox to fully sync.

If the vault is in a new location or was previously .agilekeychain, you'll need to start over on Android to sync with the new vault. Go ahead and do so, then launch 1Password on Android and tap USE WITHOUT AN ACCOUNT. Choose Dropbox on the next screen and continue with configuring sync with this new vault. Then go to the sync preferences on your other two Macs and sync with this vault as well.

Let me know how that goes! Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.