My version is 6.2.1 not working

Options

I have just installed the upgrade and now my 1Password won't auto-fill. My version is 6.2.1

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I have just installed the upgrade and now my 1Password won't auto-fill. My version is 6.2.1

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @NoelaCowell

Could you give us some more details about the OS version that you are using as well as the browser that you use, the version of the browser and the version of the 1Password extension? I also would like to point out that 6.2.1 is not the latest update for 1Password, we're by 6.3.5, so if you want you can go 1Password Preferences then Updates and click on check for updates to get the latest version of 1Password :chuffed:

Please let us know if updating 1Password helps, and if it doesn't what the other details are so we can sort this all out :chuffed:

• NoelaCowell
    NoelaCowell
    Community Member
    Options

Hi there, Pilar,

Thanks for getting back to me overnight. I have gone in and checked and yes, I am now updated to 6.3.5.

Prior to this update, 1Password auto-filled the fields and passwords. Now I'm finding it's only doing it for some of my sites.

I am using macOS Sierra Version 10.12, Safari browser Version 10.0 (12602.1.50.0.10)

I hope this helps.

Best,
    Noela

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @NoelaCowell,

Thanks for checking that! I hope you don't mind, but I've moved your message to our "Saving and Filling in Browsers" forum.

Prior to this update, 1Password auto-filled the fields and passwords.

Just to be clear, 1Password never fills a sign-in form on a website unless you explicitly tell it to do so (for example, by opening a Login item from the main 1Password app, by selecting the Login item from the 1Password browser extension, or by using the ⌘\ keyboard shortcut in the browser). We explain more about that here: Sign in to a site with 1Password

If your login credentials were previously being filled automatically when opening websites (and you weren't taking any action to have 1Password fill them for you), it sounds like Safari was automatically doing that for you, although I don't know why it would only be doing that for some sites now. We recommend turning off the built-in password manager in your browser to avoid confusion.

Does that help to explain what's happening, or are you having trouble filling sign-in forms with 1Password? If 1Password isn't filling some sign-in forms, please let us know the steps you take to have 1Password fill them, and we'll continue from there. Thanks! :)

This discussion has been closed.