Website has 2 entry boxes for login. First box entry disappears when 1Password moves to second box?

Options

I try to use 1Password on my schools login page, which has two text boxes for information. (I know most sites technically have text boxes however this site seems different in how they have it set up). When I use 1password to enter the information I see the first username entry being entered however when it moves to the next box, the first entry disappears. This of course causes the page to tell me that the first box needs to have something filled in.
I know a very small amount of website development so maybe this site is set to not allow this type of auto entry? I'm not sure.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance

1Password Version: 6.3.4
Extension Version: 4.6.1
OS Version: OS X 10.12
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Greetings @e25160,

I can imagine there might be a few reasons to see this kind of error. If the site didn't like how we filled it might wipe the field, if how we try to mimic user input means we touched a field it didn't like it might wipe the field or maybe the site uses layered fields and we're not filling the right one.

I would be curious to learn:

1. Did you save the Login item from inside 1Password or inside of your browser?
    2. Is the login page accessible by anybody or is it an intranet server so no access?

If we can see the live page we might be able to help, assuming it is possible.

• MasterJ
    MasterJ
    Community Member
    Options

I have tried to enter the login information from inside the 1Password app, as well as the 1Password extension. When I enter the login information manually in the actual website, the 1Password extension doesn't seem to recognize it so it doesn't ask if it can save it for me.

Here is the login page if you would like to try it out. It's a public front end site.

================================================

-----> https://accessplus.iastate.edu/frontdoor/login.jsp <-----

================================================

Thank you very much. I hope it doesn't turn out to be user error. LOL.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @e25160,

Thanks for letting us know the site that's not cooperating for you with 1Password. Let's see if this gets it working:

Then test with the new Login item and if that works properly you may want to delete your original item so you won't get the two mixed up in the future. :)

I hope it doesn't turn out to be user error. LOL.

More likely something has changed since you saved the original Login item, maybe on the site or with a 1Password update, or both … and nothing you've done. :lol:

Let us know if you have further issues with this or anything else. Cheers!

• MasterJ
    MasterJ
    Community Member
    Options

It worked!
    I thought I had done that before, clearly I had not. I guess I was thinking too hard about it, and forgot to
    go back to the basics. :blush:

Duhh.... :angry:

Thank you so much for your patience and assistance. I LOVE this app, you all do great work. :+1:

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Excellent! Thanks for the update. On behalf of sjk, you are most welcome! I'm glad to hear that worked. And frankly, sometimes sites make us jump through so many hoops that it's easy to start overthinking things and making it harder than it is! Anyway, it sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. Have a great weekend! :)

• MasterJ
    MasterJ
    Community Member
    Options

You too. I definitely will be reaching out if I need help again. I have to say this has been a great experience. Most forum sites (in my experience) either take a long time to assist or don't follow up with you.
    Thanks again!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Well, I can't take any credit on this one, but we have a great team, and we strive to deserve you and the rest of our awesome customers. We couldn't do what we do without your support. Cheers! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.