Can i sync 1password with dropbox on mac without installing the application Dropbox on my laptop ?

Options
teris2212
teris2212
Community Member

I want to sync 1passw for mac with dropbox , but i dont want to install dropbox on my mac. On iphone i dont have the application and syncing with dropbox is fine. Why i need to install it on the mac ?

1Password Version: 6.0.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: os x 10.10.5
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@teris2212: I'm sorry of the confusion! The only way that Dropbox can sync on your Mac is if the Dropbox app is installed. 1Password simply writes the data to disk, and if Dropbox is installed, it will sync the data stored in its folder. Mobile apps can't do that, so there's an API that must be used there. Be sure to update 1Password too, since you seem to be using a very old version. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• teris2212
    teris2212
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you dear Brenty for your answer. I was thinking why on ipad 1password syncs without dropbox installed and on mac not. Thanks again !!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You are most welcome! It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. Were here for you! :)

• teris2212
    teris2212
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you i appreciate it. Have a great day.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You too! Cheers! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.