iPhone WLAN sync unlock loop?

bgee
bgee
Community Member
edited October 2016 in Mac

Every time I open 1Password app on my iPhone when on my home wifi , and 1Password is not being used on my Mac, I get a message "Please unlock 1Password on your Mac for Wi-Fi syncing to continue. 1Password encountered a problem." with a DISMISS button. Message goes away if I dismiss.

(Have not tested away from home yet, but does not do it if I turn off wifi on iPhone. Also noted that if wifi is off on Mac, and on on the iPhone, 1Password is constantly trying to sync on the iPhone, but no message appears)

I believe there is no reason 1Password should be trying to sync if I do not have it open on both devices.

1Password Version: 6.5 Beta-24(650024)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12.1 Beta
Sync Type: WLAN

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@bgee: Unfortunately 1Password has no way of knowing that it isn't open (and unlocked) on both devices unless it attempts to connect, but we're working on some changes to streamline this in a future update. Thanks for the feedback! :)

• jimpm
    jimpm
    Community Member

If I can chime in on a similar situation... I have 1PW on my Mac but it's locked. If I open 1PW on my iPhone, it pops up with that Please Unlock message for Wi-Fi sync. If I add a new login on my iPhone, it pops up again... and again... and again. Maybe a less intrusive option would be helpful (like a small banner at the top that doesn't require dismissing). I often have my Mac on with 1PW locked, so this happens quite a bit.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jimpm

Thank you for chiming in and letting us know what you think and what you'd like to see in 1Password. The banner sounds like an interesting idea :chuffed: We're working to smooth out Wi-Fi sync and these issues, so stay around to see what the future brings to 1Password!

This discussion has been closed.