What shortcut do I need to open 1Password from the browser if I don't have a QUERTY keyboard?

Options
BennyC
BennyC
Community Member

I have an AZERTY apple keyboard and there is no single key for "\". I need to type SHIFT+ALT+/ to generate that key. This is why opening the 1Password app with the shortcut CMD+\ does not work as advertised in the video I got with the 1Password update. Any suggestions how this would work or how I can change the shortcut? Maybe creating a shortcut that is available on all keyboard would be even a better idea :-)

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

You can choose your own shortcut in the General section of 1PW Preferences. Make sure to choose something that does not conflict with shortcuts from the system or other apps.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2016
    Options

Hello there @BennyC,

Danco is absolutely right here, you can choose your own shortcut in the latest version of 1Password for Mac. You can find this option in 1Password > Preferences > General. I took a screenshot of that tab:

I hope it helps. :) If you have any other questions, please let us know. Thanks!

• BennyC
    BennyC
    Community Member
    Options

Great! Works fine. Azerty defaults to the ` instead of the \ .

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for letting us know! I'm glad to hear the shortcut is working for you now. You should be all set, but if you have more questions, we're here for you. :)

This discussion has been closed.