I get the message "1Password requires authorization" every time I open the browser

Comments

• xmarc999
    xmarc999
    Community Member

Here's the ticket ID #BPC-24791-552

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@xmarc999: Thanks! I see that we've received your email, so we can continue the conversation there. We'll take a look at the diagnostics and get back to you shortly! :)

ref: BPC-24791-552

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @born2dive,

I'm sorry you're also running into this problem! It sounds like you're having the same issue as the one in this thread, so I merged your message here.

I installed 1Password, Mini, an the Safari extension on 2 of my macs. The one mac is behaving as excepted: I got the 6-number authentication request the first time I opened Safari and not since. On the other one, I keep getting the authentication pop-up with a new set of numbers every time I start safari. Not sure how to fix. I am running Mac OS Sierra.

On the Mac that is having this issue, please make sure you have the latest updates installed for the main 1Password app and the 1Password browser extension in Safari. The latest version of the main app is currently 6.5.2 (go to 1Password > About 1Password from the menubar to check your version). The latest extension for Safari will show as either 4.6.1 or 4.6.2 (go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions to check your version).

If those versions are up to date, and if you're able to successfully complete the authentication each time you see that prompt, please reboot your Mac and then open Safari again. Does it still ask you to authenticate every time?

If so, I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac: https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?mac

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to: support+forum@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum username so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and make sure you receive a reply as quickly as possible. Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance! :)

• LauraNP
    LauraNP
    Community Member

Hello,
    I recently started seeing this browser authorization popup every time I start my computer. Is there some way to turn it off?

Mac Os 10.12.2
    1password 6.5.2

Thank you
    Laura Baker

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@LauraNP: There isn't a way to disable the browser authorization. It's a required security feature of 1Password to prevent malicious apps from connecting without your knowledge or consent. Have you tried matching the codes and authorizing it? If you're still having trouble, knowing more about what you're doing and what's happening (along with the browser version) will help us help you. Thanks in advance!

• Doctordun
    Doctordun
    Community Member

I am having the same problem on one of my computers. I match codes and authorize each time.
    Mac OS Sierra Version 10.12.2
    Firefox 50.1.0

• Doctordun
    Doctordun
    Community Member

Additional Info: 1Password 6 Version 6.5.3

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hello @Doctordun,

I would like you to create a Diagnostic Report please. This guide will assist.

For 1Password on your Mac

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums

The email address you will want to use is support+extension@agilebits.com.

When sending the diagnostic report to the address above it would help immensely if you could include a link to this thread and your forum handle so we can connect the two.

Once you've sent the report a post here with the ticket ID will help us to keep an eye out for it. With access to the report we should be able to better assist. There is no single cause at the moment and as the issue could be either with 1Password or the browser we pretty much need to review a diagnostic report to be able to help. Hopefully we can get it resolved without too much hassle :smile:

• throwaway
    throwaway
    Community Member

Hello,

I've started experiencing this issue too. Safari asks me to authorize 1Password every time it opens. Is there a fix or a workaround?

Thank you!

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @throwaway,

There isn't a single answer as the issue may be with 1Password itself or the browser. The best way to figure this out for your case is to ask for a diagnostic report, this guide will assist.

For 1Password on your Mac

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums

The email address you will want to use is support+extension@agilebits.com.

When sending the diagnostic report to the address above it would help immensely if you could include a link to this thread and your forum handle so we can connect the two.

Once you've sent the report a post here with the ticket ID will help us to keep an eye out for it.

• throwaway
    throwaway
    Community Member

Thank you @littlebobbytables I've sent an email to the address above.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Greetings @throwaway,

Thank you, somebody will be in touch shortly after we've had a chance to review the diagnostic report.

ref: KLS-11644-212

• Doctordun
    Doctordun
    Community Member

I sent in my diagnostics many weeks ago and never received a reply. My problem seems to have been reduced somewhat. I still get the error, but not every time I launch Safari.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Doctordun,

We went through a fairly tough time trying to answer people in any reasonable timeframe so if your email got caught up in this I apologise. If you're still experiencing an issue can you send in a new diagnostic report please and use the email address I posted above (support+extension@agilebits.com) and ping us here when you do. That will ensure those of us experienced with the extension side of things are made aware when you've emailed us and we don't let it get hidden out of sight again. The new diagnostic report is just to make sure we see what is happening now as a good part of what a diagnostic report represents is a snapshot in time.

• GuapoEvan
    GuapoEvan
    Community Member

Been having this problem for quite some time but finally can't take it anymore so trying to see how to fix it.

Here's the ticket ID #HGV-15987-874

Thanks,
    Evan

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hello @GuapoEvan,

I've found your ticket and somebody will be in touch shortly :smile:

ref: HGV-15987-874

• texascritter
    texascritter
    Community Member

Is there any solution to this? I've run the troubleshooting app and sent off the logs to 1Password but this just driving me nuts, having to authorize up to a dozen times a day - it interrupted twice today during a client call where I was sharing my screen and it's wiped out my open tabs when opening my browser with it's "finding 1Password" tab multiple times. I have used and loved and highly recommended 1Password for ten years, have paid for upgrades and Windows licenses but this bug is too much and dealing with it for ten days now with no fix in sight has got me looking at other programs. I don't want to give up 1Password, it's worked so well and I've got over 600 items, including logins to lots of client sites in it but I cannot go on with this high level of nuisance.

Sorry, venting, just very frustrated. I see lots of people posting here with the same problem I have (multiple users logged in on my laptop, switching between them for different client work) (and I'm an accountant, not a programmer) but all I see for response is "contact Support, send logs", no hint from anyone on whether Support can actually resolve this issue. Am I wasting my time waiting for Support to respond?

• texascritter
    texascritter
    Community Member

Support ticket #VRH-19281-444 if any of the 1Password people here can help, please.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@texascritter: Sure! Unfortunately there isn't a one-size-fits-all solution to issues with individual browsers' settings, and while 1Password doesn't have control over that we'll see what we can do to help you get things sorted out. I see that we've received your email, so we can continue the conversation there. We'll take a look at the diagnostics and get back to you shortly.

ref: VRH-19281-444

• texascritter
    texascritter
    Community Member

To follow up on my earlier comment, yes, there is a reason to wait for Support to reply. While every situation may be slightly different and it's not just a 1Password issue (which I was aware of before posting), there are useful suggestions from Support and I'm cautiously crossing my fingers that their suggestions for my situation have been successful.

For anyone in the future finding this thread, do follow the instructions to get the logs and send them to the Support email listed - it's worth doing that to get it resolved.

Brenty - yes, I realize that it's not just one solution and it's not just a 1Password issue - my comment tho was asking if there were any solutions because no-one ever came back to say that they got it resolved (or didn't get it resolved) thru working with Support. That was my primary question and it's been answered by Support's response which was detailed and since I applied it yesterday, the problem hasn't re-occurred and I'm cautiously hopeful.

And thank you for creating the best password keeper program around - during all this, I looked at the other higher rated programs, in particular Dashlane, and it just doesn't compare to 1Password with all its features and especially the ability to store attachments. Until we replace all our passwords with our thumbs and/or eyeballs, I'll continue being a 1Password user!

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @texascritter,

That's great to hear. Obviously I'm sure you'll want to wait longer to feel confident that it has worked but it's promising that the initial results are what we were hoping for. Fingers crossed it remains that way but we'll wait to see :smile:

• skoerbitz
    skoerbitz
    Community Member
    edited June 2017

Same issue here. Sent the report.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @skoerbitz,

Did you get a response with a ticket ID? I tried searching our ticketing system for your email address but it yielded no results. If you have a ticket ID that will allow us to locate the email and figure out why you're seeing the repeated authorisation requests.

• skoerbitz
    skoerbitz
    Community Member

Yes, my ticket ID is #GQK-98328-331

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2017

Hi @skoerbitz,

Perfect! Somebody will be in touch shortly :smile:

ref: GQK-98328-331

• Cromdubh
    Cromdubh
    Community Member

Did anybody with this Pain make it past Christmas last year?
    Was the problem resolved?
    If so, how?
    Here I go in November 2017 and this thing has hit me out of the blue.
    I've sent the Diagnostics report, so here's hoping!

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Greetings @Cromdubh,

I've located your email and somebody will be in contact shortly.

ref: AAV-95336-521

• texascritter
    texascritter
    Community Member

@Cromdubh - my problem was related to having multiple users on my laptop and using the desktop 1Password version, support gave some suggestions but none worked for so I uninstalled the browser extension on the other two users, that stopped the constant authorization requests. This problem appears to be just with the desktop version - I recently moved to the online version and re-installed the browser extension on all users and it works fine, just the single authorization request.

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni

Looks like we've got things working again for both of y'all. Let us know if you need anything else. :+1:

• lymbo90
    lymbo90
    Community Member

I fixed my issue. I uninstalled 1Password and the browser extension. Just use safari now. No more irritating 1Password authorization messages every time I open Safari anymore!!!

This discussion has been closed.