How do I print an alphabetical list of Logins?

Options
joaman
joaman
Community Member

I used to keep an alphabetical printout of my Logins and Passwords by exporting to .csv files. I now get a random file which is worthless unless I spend a great deal of time reformatting it.

1Password Version: Mac 6
Extension Version: 6.3.3
OS Version: OSX10.10.5
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:how do you export an alphabetical list of logins

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@joaman,

Can you not sort by column quickly in a spreadsheet?

• joaman
    joaman
    Community Member
    Options

I finally figure it out. For those of you who want a print out: Choose logins > sort alphabetically > highlight the list from the bottom name to the top name > export as .csv and you've got it. I will open in Numbers or Excel.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @joaman,

I'm happy to hear you found a workaround in order to print your data in the order you want! However, I'm not sure why you need to do that in the first place - is it so you can print a physical copy of your data? If so, please make sure you keep the printout somewhere safe & secure, and remember to delete the CSV file.

If you're worried about losing your 1Password data if something happens to your Mac, it's a good idea to backup your Mac to an external drive using Time Machine or other backup software. And it looks like you sync with Dropbox, which means a copy of your vault is in your Dropbox account, as well as on other devices where you sync your 1Password data.

Hopefully you're all set, but if you have more questions or need anything else, just let us know - we're always happy to help! :)

• joaman
    joaman
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your prompt reply. I do all the backups you suggested but find a hard copy a fast way to check on an id or password. My .csv was destroyed after printing by Permanent Eraser and the printout is securely tucked away.
    Thanks again.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Excellent! Thanks for the update. I'm glad to hear that you were able to print and destroy the plaintext. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.