Unable to find option to change master password

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: I can't change master password.

Comments

• karlcal
    karlcal
    Community Member
    Options

I am trying to change master password. I am using el capitan OS X . My original version of 1password was 4.6.1 but I have the latest version through an update. When I open 1password and hit the settings button I do not see security. I believe that I purchased this through Apple

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @karlcal,

I'm sorry you're having trouble changing your master password! This is a different problem than the one from the previous discussion, so I've moved your message to a new thread. I hope you don't mind!

When I open 1password and hit the settings button I do not see security.

Is it possible you're looking for that option in 1Password mini / browser extension? If so, you won't find it there. Instead, you'll need to launch the main 1Password app on your Mac, make sure it's unlocked, then go to 1Password > Preferences in the menubar. In the Preferences window, you should see a Security section along the top (right next to General). Select Security, and that's where you should find the option to change your master password.

Hopefully this helps, but please let us know if you have any trouble with that, or if you have more questions. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.