To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Teams or Family (not sure where to post)

yabff
yabff
Community Member

Not sure if this has been asked before, but I purchased 1password for myself some time ago - the individual app for my Mac and the phone app. But I really need to be able to share some with my children and also have clients that I need to share with - particularly one. How can I do all of this and keep my own private. What would I upgrade to? Is it all online and in the app too? Sorry if this has been asked before.

Thank you,
Suzi

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• yabff
    yabff
    Community Member

I have Mac OSX Sierra and iOS 10 and use Safari mostly
    1Password 6 version 6.3.5

• Hi @yabff! Good question. I'd recommend using 1Password Families for your family. It's the easiest way to share with them, and the 1Password apps are included in the subscription for each family member. Sign up for a family account then invite your family by signing in to your members page from a browser and clicking the + button. Once they have created an account, you can start sharing with your family:

Share passwords and other items with your whole family

Depending on how many clients you have, you could use 1Password Families for them as well, it just may not be optimal. Family accounts include guests and you can share with them as well. They only get access to one vault, so they won't be able to use the others in your family. For the sake of separating business and personal matters, though, I'd recommend 1Password Teams for your clients. We have an early adopter special running, and it includes 20 guests for free, which should be plenty for your clients. :) Learn more about 1Password Teams and sign up.

Hope that helps! Let us know if you have some questions.

This discussion has been closed.