Update failed. Now cannot access Safari.

Options
ptremor
ptremor
Community Member

I tried to update 1Password on my MacBook Pro. After clicking update or install, (can't remember) the screen went black and a message appeared stating that it would complete in one minute. I waited 20 minutes then did a force quit. After logging back in, I can no longer access Safari. Safari is where I used all my 1Password logins. I am running on OS X El Capitan, version 10.11.6.

1Password Version: 6.0.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X El Capitan, version 10.11.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Cannot access Safari

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ptremor

I'm sorry to hear that you're having this trouble with 1Password. Could you please try to restart your computer and see if that helps? If it doesn't, could you please try dragging 1Password to the trash from the Application folder, then empty the trash and restart your computer. Then please check if Safari works fine, if it does download 1Password again and check if Safari keeps on working well :chuffed:

Please let us know what you find out :chuffed:

• ptremor
    ptremor
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Pilar - I dragged iPassword to the trash from the application folder, then emptied it. I restarted my computer. Still no access to Safari.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ptremor: I'm not quite sure what you mean by "access Safari". If you just want to use 1Password there, be sure to install the 1Password extension:

1Password browser extensions

1Password won't work there otherwise. But if Safari itself won't work, that's not something we can fix. You'd need to contact Apple for assistance. Let me know what you find!

This discussion has been closed.