1Password Does Not Work for One Site

Options

I am helping a friend with getting set up in 1Password. We have a handful of passwords set up and they work fine. One site, for the Discover credit card does not work. When we click on Discover in the 1Password drop down, it seems to populate the names and password fields but then goes to a page that is NOT logged in. If we enter the name and password manually we successfully log in. She is using Sierra and Safari.
Thanks in advance.

1Password Version: 6.3.5
Extension Version: 4.6.1
OS Version: Sierra
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@genec123 the usual solution for problems like this is to re-create and save the login manually. Have you tried that?

Stephen

• genec123
    genec123
    Community Member
    Options

No. But I will do that again when I visit her tomorrow. Thanks

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @genec123

I'm going to move your pot to our "Saving and Filling in Browsers" category so the right people will be able to see it, I hope you don't mind :chuffed: Please let us know if Stephen's advice helps you, if you're still having some trouble please tell us the exact URL you are struggling with so we can take a look into it :chuffed:

• genec123
    genec123
    Community Member
    Options

Okay, I deleted the login for the Discover credit card. I then created a new login item in 1P. I typed in the user name, password, and website. Then, I went to Safari and clicked on the website and it did not log us on. Please help. Here's the website
    https://www.discovercard.com/cardmembersvcs/loginlogout/app/logoff_confirmed

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I just tested my own Discover Login on that page and it worked for me. In your Login, do you have both the discover.com and discovercard.com domains added as websites? In order to guard against phishing, 1Password only fills your information from a Login on pages that match the websites that are saved with it. We have a few exceptions that we specifically handle to make things like hotmail.com and microsoft.com equivalent, but I don't think we have one for discover.com and discovercard.com. Here's a screenshot of what mine looks like:

Hopefully that helps. Let us know!

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits

This discussion has been closed.