To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Only 1 category (logins) showing

Options
tgtmontana
tgtmontana
Community Member

Plugging along with the 30 day trial. . . I have 1PW on windows, iPad and iPhone. I've migrated data in from Keepass 2, created an account and see my data on all devices - cool! I just noticed I only show 1 category (logins) on all devices. Can't say if this has been the case since I started or something new, maybe since migrating data. Maybe it's a "feature" of the trial version?? Comments?

1Password Version: 6.1.272d
Extension Version: 1.6.1.90
OS Version: win 10
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:only 1 category showing

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @tgtmontana

Thanks for taking the time to write in. You may not see categories that are empty. Creating an item in a category other than logins should cause the chosen category to appear. You can add items using the "+" button.

Please let us know how it turns out. :)

Ben

ref: B5BO 226841

• tgtmontana
    tgtmontana
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the help Ben. Yes, all of my migrated in items (from Keepass) went to "logins" which is fine. I'm having trouble with the desktop version (Windows 10). I want to move some of the items currently in "logins" to another category but having trouble finding how to do that. I can create new items in other categories but don't find how to move or copy. However, I am able to do this in my IOS versions of 1PW. Regards

• @tgtmontana On behalf of Ben, you're welcome. It's not possible to move items across categories because categories determine what the item has in it. You can create new items in different categories and copy and paste the existing items' info there if you'd like. :)

• tgtmontana
    tgtmontana
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Jacob. I was mistaking when I said I thought I could move/copy items from category to category. I thought I had done it but no way. Having the migration path from Keepass to 1pw lump all my items into "logins" was probably more trouble than it is worth since many of the migrated items aren't logins. I understand now why they can't be moved to a more appropriate category. I'll just have to renter them in the desired category and delete from "logins". Regardless, I like 1PW and looking forward to getting my items squared away and making good use of 1PW. Regards

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for understanding. Categories just aren't malleable, though it's something I hope we'll be able to do in the future. In the mean time, I'm really sorry that there isn't an easier way. :(

I've gone through a similar thing in the past though, and, at the risk of sounding a bit Pollyanna, I decided to take that as an opportunity to clean things up a bit. If you've also got a lot of old data, it may be a chance to organize things differently or more neatly, since there are often differences between how "past self" thought best to do things compared to what "present self" would do with the benefit of experience.

Thanks again for giving 1Password a try, and please don't hesitate to reach out with any other comments, questions, or suggestions that come up. :)

This discussion has been closed.