1Password is recognizing fewer and fewer sites

sfsdfd
sfsdfd
Community Member

I've used 1Password for years, and have always been frustrated by its failure to recognize and fill the username and password boxes on certain sites.

It seems like this problem is growing steadily worse. I'd estimate 1Password's recognition rate at something like 30% of websites that I regularly visit. Today, it even failed to recognize and fill the username and password boxes on the AgileBits login page.

Often, 1Password will fail to recognize any fields on the page - but when I manually enter my credentials and submit the form, 1Password offers to save them. The next time I visit the page, I get the same experience.

Sometimes it only recognizes one of the two fields. Worse, sometimes it sets that field, resets the other field, and submits the page. So if I fill in the field that it's failing to recognize, invoking 1Password causes it to delete the contents of that field. So it's actually not possible to use 1Password at all on these pages.

I'm dumping 1Password now and giving competing packages a shot. Hopefully this information will be of value in fixing your product for your remaining customers.

1Password Version: 6.3.5
Extension Version: 4.1.6.90
OS Version: OS X 10.12.1
Sync Type: None

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @sfsdfd

I'm very sorry to hear that you're having some trouble with 1Password and the autofill feature! If you could give us a list of the sites where you're having trouble with, it will help us diagnose and see what we need to fix. When some sites change their interface 1Password needs to have them saved again so it recognizes the new layout but that's a bit of an edge case. Some banking sites have some gimmicks set in place to avoid password manager uses that makes our work harder, but we still look for our way around them ;) We would appreciate it so very much if you could share the troublesome sites so we can fix them and so you can enjoy using 1Password once again!

P.S. I will move your post to our "Saving and Filling in Browsers" category so it will be easier for our experts in that area to see it and help you out :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.