When tried opening, a message says: “1Password is damaged, delete and down load again from App Stor

gin
gin
Community Member

I have had a stand alone 1-password for several years without any issue. Yesterday when tried opening, a message says: “1Password” is damaged and can’t be opened. Delete “1Password” and download it again from the App Store." If I do so delete and down load the APP, will I loose all my content? Your help is most appreciated..

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I have 1-password for several years without any issue. Now when I tried opening, a message says: "“1Password” is damaged and can’t be opened. Delete “1Password” and download it again from the App Store." Has any one have similar issue? If so, if I delete and down load the APP, will I loose all my content? Your comment is most appreciated.

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @gin,

I'm sorry you're running into a problem with the 1Password app! But we can definitely help you out with this.

It sounds like you're getting the error message described in this knowledgebase article: If you see the message "1Password is damaged and can't be opened"

Your 1Password data is safe! That error is related to a certificate issue in the Mac App Store that can affect various apps (not just 1Password). Just follow the steps from the above article to solve it. Even if you need to delete & reinstall the 1Password app, you won't lose any of your data because that's stored in another location on your Mac (and not in the app file itself). When deleting the app, just make sure you don't use any app cleaning tools.

Hopefully this helps, but if you have more questions or need anything else, just let us know! :)

This discussion has been closed.