I want to print out a list of the information stored in 1-password for safe keeping. How to do it?

gin
gin
Community Member

I want to print out a list of the information stored in 1-password for safe keeping in case of computer failure. Please advise how to do that? Thanks.

1Password Version: 1Password Version 6.3.5 (635001) Mac App Store
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.10.5
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I want to print out a list of the information stored in 1-password for safe keeping. How to do it?

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @gin,

Thanks for writing in with your question!

If you'd like to print out your 1Password data, you can use the Print option in the File menu of the main 1Password app.

However, if your concern is that something might happen to your Mac, I highly recommend backing up your entire Mac on a regular basis (using Time Machine, or another backup app or service). A backup of your Mac will include your 1Password data, not to mention all the other important things stored on your Mac. If your current Mac fails, you'll be able to restore a new Mac from your latest backup.

In addition to that, if you have a 1Password.com account, your 1Password data will also be backed up on our secure servers. If your current Mac fails, just install 1Password on a new Mac and sign into your account, and your 1Password data will be restored.

I hope this helps! If you have more questions about that or need anything else, just let us know. :)

• orange01
    orange01
    Community Member

just saw this... so on my iphone when im in the 1password app i dont see a menu option with "file" ... either on the settings page or the category page... so where is it??
    gpm

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@orange01: Sorry for the confusion! This is the Mac category of the forums, and the discussion is concerning 1Password for Mac. There is not a way to export files from the mobile app (and of course there is no menu bar on iOS), but you can download the desktop version and sync you data in order to export it there. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.