Think I have two Mac Accounts -

srossjr
srossjr
Community Member

I think I have two different Mac Accounts, I need to delete one as I cannot login on a new Mac (assume it wants the old account, as I know my 1account password).

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:undefined, kb-search:i have two accounts, kb:undefined, kb-search:i have two accounts

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @srossjr

I'm sorry for the confusion with 1Password and the different ways in which it can work. It looks like you don't have an account with this email, but you do have a license. You can read everything about the difference between licenses and accounts here: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/68576/the-difference-between-a-1password-com-account-and-standalone-license#latest

If you tell us exactly what you need to do we'll be glad to help you sort it out! Maybe sync your data? I hope to hear back from you with as many details as you can give us so we can get you sorted out and ready to use 1Password in all your devices :chuffed:

• srossjr
    srossjr
    Community Member
    edited November 2016

Ok I am close to giving up. What did I purchase today?

Paid in full by:

Stan Ross
    [EDITED]
    Purchased from:
    AgileBits
    support@agilebits.com
    317 Adelaide Street West, Suite 910
    Toronto, ON
    M5V1P9, Canada

Order Total: $32.49 USD
    Order Number: [EDITED]
    Paid With: Credit Card
    Purchase Date: November 01, 2016

What You Purchased Price in USD
    1Password (Single License)
    Upgrade for [EDITED] $32.49
    Order Total $32.49 USD

In the end, I want to be able to run 1Password on my Mac's (two), iPad and iPhone and have them sync. What are my options?

Thanks,
    Stan
    [EDITED]

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @srossjr

Thank you very much for the additional details, this clears things up! First of all, what you purchased today is an upgrade that will let you use your license with a Windows computer as well as Mac. If you don't need this then you can get a refund by sending us an email to support+licenses@agilebits.com, please add a link to this thread so that we can connect the dots and help you better.

Now, in order to use your existing license you only need to click on the link in the email with your license that I just sent you on both computers. Once you've done that you'll need to set up syncing between your devices. As all your devices are from Mac I think that iCloud would be the easiest for you, but Dropbox would do the trick too. You can read about the different syncing methods and how to set the one you pick here: https://support.1password.com/sync-options/

Please let us know how this goes, we hope to get your email soon to get everything sorted out! Thank you very much for your patience :chuffed:

• srossjr
    srossjr
    Community Member

I have two issues:

1) When I try and apply the license to a new macbook pro. It launches but will not take my known password. This same password works on my 1Password6 first mac, my iphone and my ipad btw.

2) when i try to set up icloud syncing from my first mac (with the password that works), it states that it found another vault in icloud and it wants the password for it in order to merge it. It also "states that the data in the primary vault is different the data you selected in icloud. Please review the information below before deciding to merge".

However I have tried to guess this password and cannot. Secondly there is no other choice being offered.

Again I have working versions on both a mac, an ipad and an iphone. How can I delete this older icloud vault and possible older ipassword password?

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @srossjr

I'm sorry to hear that you're still having trouble with all this. You will need to set up 1Password on your new computer, probably from scratch when we figure out what exactly is going on here. In order to help you set up your computer and sort out the iCloud problem I want to ask you a few questions :chuffed: Please send 2 Diagnostics Reports, one from each of your Macs, and tell us in the email which one is the one you've have bene using 1Password for a long time and which one is the new one!

Have you been using 1Password in your new computer at all? Have you stored any new items there? I would like to take a look at how you have things configured on your older computer and also what the state of thing is on the new one. A Diagnostics Report would be very helpful to achieve this :chuffed:

I'd like to ask you to create some Diagnostics Reports, one from each of your devices:

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

This discussion has been closed.