1password 6 won't accept master password on new mac

produceresults
produceresults
Community Member

I am using 1password flawlessly sharing an agilekeychain on dropbox on several computers (all apple products) I got a new mac and when I try to sync to the dropbox agilekeychain It won't accept the password and the password hint is something weird...

I tried installing version 5 and have the same problem?

Help please

1Password Version: 5.0.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.11.6
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @produceresults

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble that you're having setting up 1Password on your new computer. Could you please tell us the OS version and 1Password that you have installed on all the different computers you need to sync? That will give us some hints as to how to proceed so this can get sorted out :chuffed: I hope to hear from you soon so you can get 1Password up and running!

• produceresults
    produceresults
    Community Member
    edited November 2016

I really really really do not want to change the other computers which are not broken. My family has 8 other devices and i am using 1 iOS.. They are all running different OSX versions (Mavericks and above) and everyone is running a version of 1password 4 or 5.

So ??? I would also like to get this resolved quickly and not take 4 days in delayed posting back and forth on a forum. Are there any other support options?

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @produceresults

I'm sorry to hear that you're having this problem. I asked about the version of 1Password on the different devices because if it was too different it could interfere with syncing to the new computer.

First of all, can you please go through this troubleshooting guide and see that everything looks ok? If you check this things for us we'll have a starting point to get this sorted out.

If you go through this guide and you're still having trouble, please send us a Diagnostics Report from both your new, troublesome computer and your iOS so we can take a look inside 1Password.

I'd like to ask you to create some Diagnostics Reports, one from each of your devices:

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

One possible thought. Are the keyboards set differently on the new machine, and do you use symbols in your password.? Sometimes characters are different between different languages and this could cause your issue.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @danco

You're right! Different keyboards might cause some headaches with Master Passwords! Lets see if that's of any help to @produceresults :chuffed:

• produceresults
    produceresults
    Community Member
    edited November 2016

Ok... so the different keyboard didn't work. Im getting really frustrated and I am very disappointed with the level of support for something that requires such a high level of technical knowledge to resolve.

I have sent along the diagnostic report: [#DCA-14375-939] Diagnostic Report

I rely on 1password and it would be a tremendous loss if I were not able to continue to use the 1password service.

UPDATE: I took a computer that had 1pass on it and was working fine and I created a new user... I then tied to sync to 1password agilekeychain file in dropbox and I am getting the exact same error with the same Password Hint... Is it possible the vault on Dropbox got corrupt? Is there a way to save the file again and resync each computer to it?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@produceresults: Indeed, unfortunately if the data was corrupted on one device by a disk or file system issue, that would be sync'd via Dropbox like any other data. That's why it's so important to keep backups. I see that we've received your email, so we can continue the conversation there.

ref: DCA-14375-939

This discussion has been closed.