Folder sync won't work

jvinding
jvinding
Community Member

I use WiFi sync for my devices, and Folder Sync for my computers.
I do not want my passwords in the cloud.
Recently, I've started getting errors I got an error from 1PW stating that there was an error with my settings. Upon clicking "Fix..." I am taken to the Sync preferences which shows as "none" instead of "folder". if I change it to folder it says something to the effect of "are you sure you want to stop syncing", then I pick a new folder, but the dropdown still says "None", and nothing is synced to my other computers

It's obviously vital that I be able to sync.

I have a video of my attempts to make it work, but don't want to post it publicly. if you'd like to see it I'll be happy to share it privately somehow.

1Password Version: 6.3.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:folder sync

Comments

• jvinding
    jvinding
    Community Member

I just tried this:
    1. Quit 1Password
    2. Quit 1Password mini
    3. Delete the vault
    4. Restart 1Password
    5. Set up folder sync

It created a new vault file that's only 960 bytes (which isn't even close), the sync preferences still say "none"

• jvinding
    jvinding
    Community Member

Same thing happens if I try Dropbox.
    I REALLY need to sync. any suggestions at all would be appreciated.

• jvinding
    jvinding
    Community Member

Is there anyone out there?

This maybe a Sierra issue. I've never seen it on my El Capitan machine.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jvinding

I'm sorry to hear that you're having this issues to sync your data. I'm sorry for the delay in the answer, we work from the oldest posts to the newest ones, so every time you post again your message gets bumped up to the end of the queue. :chuffed:

Could you please send us a Diagnostics Report from all the devices that you're trying to sync as well as the video you mention? This will give us some insight to what might be going on here.

I'd like to ask you to create some Diagnostics Reports, one from each of your devices:

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• jvinding
    jvinding
    Community Member

Support Id: #LSL-41384-963

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Thanks @jvinding! We received your Diagnostics Report, and I'll update the email thread with details from this forum discussion so it's easier for our support team to get up to speed with the issue. Someone will get back to you as soon as possible with more information, and we'll keep the conversation going directly via email to avoid complicating things between here and there.

ref: LSL-41384-963

This discussion has been closed.