Can't install 1Password on my Mac

mhdeller
mhdeller
Community Member

My computer (Macbook running El Capitan) had to be reimaged a month ago. I am trying to install 1Password (originally purchased 2014). The link to view my license downloads a file I am unable to open. I have tried to download 1password from your website (https://agilebits.com/downloads). A file load (1password-6.3.5.pkg), which is what I had installed before the reimage. When I double click the file, it gets stuck Verifying. I have tried to sign in online, but I am prompted for an account key, which I do not have. What do I do? Thank you for any guidance.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

You don't need an account key, that is for the subscription service and you have a licence.

At a guess you were trying to open the licence file before downloading the program, and that doesn't work.

I don't know why the installation got stuck, sometimes it doesn't download properly. I can only suggest retrying to download 1PW. Once you have downloaded
    it, double-click on the licence file if you still have it and it should work. Note that when you open 1PW you will be asked if you want to continue with or without an account. You need to use it WITHOUT an account, as accounts are only for the subscriptions.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @mhdeller

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you're having getting 1Password ready on your computer. Danco is right, you don't have an account key, only the license that you're trying to use. Could you please try moving "1password-6.3.5.pkg" to the trash, empty the trash and then restart your computer. Then, please download it again and see if you're able to install it this time. If you're still having some trouble after this please let us know so we can keep on digging and get this sorted out for you :chuffed:

• mhdeller
    mhdeller
    Community Member

I have removed the downloaded files and have re-downloaded 1PW, but I am still stuck on verifying. So I am still unable to install and open it.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @mhdeller

I'm sorry to hear that you're still having trouble with this. Do you have any anti malware software or something similar that could be interfering with the installation? I think that right now the best way to help you is to get a Diagnostics Report so we can see what might be stopping 1Password from working :chuffed:

I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• mhdeller
    mhdeller
    Community Member

Moving it to the trash, emptying trash, and restarting my computer worked! THANK YOU!!!

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

That's great news, I'm glad you were able to get it working again! Thanks for letting us know. Hopefully you're all set now, but if you have more questions or need anything else, just let us know. We're here for you! :)

This discussion has been closed.