Incomplete translation

m4rio
m4rio
Community Member

Hello,

for some time now (a few months) I encountered problems with category names in 1P. I use the Italian translation, but some some of the categories are displayed in English instead.

As you can see, starting from "Bank Accounts" the categories are displayed in English, and the same applies to the field names (e.g. "Username").

In addition to that, if I create a new element from my Mac inside one of these categories displayed in English, field names in English will be synced to my other devices.

My iPhone displays correct Italian names, with the exception of the new elements created in macOS as I explained above.

I hope I explained myself well enough and will add new details if requested.

Thanks in advance,

m4rio

1Password Version: 6.3.5 Mac App Store
Extension Version: 4.6.1
OS Version: macOS 10.12.1
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @m4rio

Thank you very much for taking some time to get in touch with us and tell us about the issue you've found in 1Password. We are aware of this bug, it's a problem with the localizations in general not only with Italian and we're working to sort it out. We are very sorry for the inconvenience that this might be causing you, thank you very much for your patience. We hope to have this sorted out soon :chuffed:

ref: OPM-4433

• m4rio
    m4rio
    Community Member

Thank you.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

You're very welcome @m4rio ! We hope to have a fix for this some time soon :chuffed:

• Moogly
    Moogly
    Community Member

Hi !
    Same issue with french translation. This is a little bit annoying ...
    This should be very easy and quick to fix it for the Agile Bits team ...
    IMHO, the better way can be to offer a rename category possibility for users .... Very long wait for a trivial feature very often requested !

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Moogly,

I'm sorry you're also being affected by this issue! The good news is that I believe our developers have fixed it in a recent beta. As long as everything goes well during testing, the fix should be included in the next update (although I don't have a timeframe for when that will be available).

IMHO, the better way can be to offer a rename category possibility for users

I can certainly forward your request to our developers. Thanks for letting us know you'd be interested in being able to rename categories!

If you need anything else, don't hesitate to let us know - we're always happy to help. :)

ref: OPM-4433

• m4rio
    m4rio
    Community Member

Hello,

I'd like to let you know that the issue appears to be fixed in version 6.5.

Thank you.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @m4ario

Thank you very much for the update! I'm glad to hear that this worked as it should :chuffed: I hope that 1Password behaves nicely from now on but if you ever find any other bugs or bump into any trouble, please let us know so we can sort it out!

• Zod
    Zod
    Community Member
    edited December 2016

I still have this bug with 6.5.3 on macOS Sierra and even iOS latest app has it, same thing with italian.

I should add that the incomplete translations only occur with 1password subscription, local vaults are fine. Also you should fix the my.1password.com so that it appears in the proper language

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Zod

Thank you for taking some time to contact us. You are right, we have not yet completed the localization of 1Password.com accounts. This means that there are some parts on the main app that will still appear in English when you're using vaults in your account, and also that we don't yet have a translation for the browser interface. We are working on improving 1Password and bringing the different languages to it! Thank you very much for your patience while we get there, I'm very sorry for any inconvenience that this might be causing you :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.