How can I open a vault shared in Dropbox from a 1Password for Teams account?

tactio
tactio
Community Member

Before signing up to 1Password for Teams, we bought several stand-alone licenses and used Dropbox to share a vault. After having signed up, we decided it was preferable to keep some information on Dropbox and some in the 1Password cloud. We had access to all the vaults and everything worked as expected.

Now, I have a colleague who is part of our 1Password for Teams team (so no stand-alone license), but I'd like to share the vault in Dropbox. Double-clicking the .agilekeychain or .opvault file prompts an error message: "Can’t open keychain. Importing from keychains is not currently supported in vaults from 1Password accounts."

How can we get around this?

1Password Version: 6.3.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X
Sync Type: Dropbox, 1Password for Teams

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @tactio

Thank you very much for taking some time to get in touch with us :chuffed: In order to share a vault via Dropbox you'll need to activate local vaults by going to Preferences > Advanced and then enable "Allow creation of vaults outside of 1Password accounts". This will let you have a "Primary" vault as well as other local vaults shared with Dropbox.

That being said, would you mind sharing with us why you've decided to keep some of your data in the local vaults? We want to make 1Password Teams the best we can and so would really appreciate your input about this :chuffed:

Please let us know if everything goes well for you!

• tactio
    tactio
    Community Member

Thank you for your reply!

The reason we decided to keep some information in a Dropbox-sync'ed vault is because they signed a BAA with us.
    https://www.dropbox.com/business/trust/compliance/certifications-compliance?&_tk=sem_b_goog&_camp=sem-b-goog-strategic-all-eng&_kw=dropbox hipaa|p&_ad=48208904862|1t1|c&gclid=CKrfjcrpjNACFQFDhgoddx4AQQ

Is this something AgileBits is thinking of doing?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

It's something we can certainly consider for the future. Thanks for bringing this up! :)

• tactio
    tactio
    Community Member

If you are willing to sign a BAA with us at some point, please let me know!

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @tactio

We'll be sure to let you know if we set up something along this lines :chuffed: Thank you for your interest in 1Password!

This discussion has been closed.