Lost my PW. Want to launch a new VAULT with my iMac

Hebert
Hebert
Community Member

Communicated with Greg yesterday. Tried to launch a NEW VAULT. Tried everything he suggested without success. The menu item that let's one launch a new Vault is greyed out. Help... Bad enough that I've lost all my info because i've lost my PW... now I'm having trouble just starting again. HELP!

1Password Version: 4
Extension Version: 4.4.3
OS Version: OS X 10.9.5
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Wow! Really hard transmitting my question to you. Here we we go again: How to start a new VAULT?

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Hebert

I'm sorry for the trouble that you're having with this. When Greg answered he wasn't aware of the fact that you're using legacy software. Things are much easier now so you'll have to get your hands dirty to get this sorted out ;)

First of all you need to open 1Password and choose 1Password in the menu bar. Hold down the control key on your keyboard and select "Quit 1Password and 1Password mini" from the menu. Once you've done this, please follow the instructions here to reset 1Password: https://support.1password.com/uninstall-1password/

Please let us know how this goes for you :chuffed:

ref: BGX-11516-426

• Hebert
    Hebert
    Community Member

Thanks Pilar,
    i've followed your instructions. 1Password (version 4.4.3) is now completely uninstalled from my iMac (see details in first message). Now... how do I reinstall this legacy version? I downloaded the legacy version and tried opening it but can't get to launching a vault. So I uninstalled again and am now waiting for your instructions :-)
    hebert

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Herbert

It's good news to hear that the first half of starting over has worked correctly for you :chuffed: What exactly do you mean by "can't get to launch a vault"? Can you please describe what exactly you are seeing when you try to open 1Password for the first time or even better, send us a screenshot?

I'd also like to see a Diagnostics Report so we can collect some more data from 1Password and figure out what might be going on :chuffed:

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/mac.html

Please add the following code (including the square brackets) to the Subject of your diagnostics email(s) before you hit "Send":

[#BGX-11516-426]

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. We'll take a look and let you know what we find out.

This discussion has been closed.