To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Account is frozen - trial ended today. purchased a subscription.Don't know which account is frozen.

valbushell
valbushell
Community Member

How do I unfreeze my account?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Account is frozen - trial ended today. purchased a subscription.Don't know which account is frozen.

Comments

• Hello @valbushell! I’m sorry to hear about the trouble with your 1Password Account. I looked up your email address associated with our discussion forum and see you created a 30-day trial of a 1Password Account (it will remain active until December 2) as well as purchased a single license. It doesn’t appear as anything should be frozen in 1Password on your computer or mobile device at this time.

You do not need both the Account and the single license you purchased, you only need one or the other. The license is good for the current version of 1Password and includes all in-version updates (The mobile Pro features are a separate purchase) and you will have to pick a sync option (iCloud, Dropbox or WLAN) that suits you best. Syncing is a great way to ensure your items are both available to you on all your devices as well as backed up in the event of a device failure.

With a 1Password Account on the other hand, your subscription fee includes all of the 1Password apps, and all updates and upgrades are included as long as your account is active. You also receive the pro features for iOS and Android. And the best part is with the subscription service, sync is handled by the server, so there’s no need to set up third-party sync: your data is available to you on any device simply by signing into your 1Password account in the app. 1Password accounts include web access to your database (and some other pretty great features). You will set up your 1Password account with an email address and choose a Master Password to protect your data (in combination with an Account Key, which is a feature unique to 1Password accounts).

Do you have a preference between the two services? If you’d like to go the Account route, I’ll refund your license purchase you made yesterday and you can use those funds toward the Account. Whatever works best for you! :)

• valbushell
    valbushell
    Community Member

What is the cost for the account? I had been using a 30 day trial which expired. So I followed the link to purchase. I believe the frozen account is that initial 30 day trial. The functionality of that was sufficient for my needs so I am leaning towards whichever service the 30 day trial is. I like the idea of a one time fee and being done for the year.....

• The 1Password Account you created November 2 would have a rate of $2.99 USD per month (when billed annually, where there is a nice little discount), and as mentioned, I’d be happy to refund your recent purchase so you can use those funds toward the Account instead. It’s really about whatever works best for you!

What is the current state of 1Password on your Mac? Are you out the trial period using your recently purchased license?

• valbushell
    valbushell
    Community Member

I am done with the trial - which is the account that is frozen. But I dont seem to be able to get the new purchased license open. I downloaded but when I try using the new password I set up with the purchase it doesnt recognize. So I am not sure what is going on!

• Hmm, I am going to send you a private message containing your license information and we’ll see if that sorts things out. :)

This discussion has been closed.