HELP. My 1 password is gone from my computer. I ran an update & now have a question mark.

TammyP
TammyP
Community Member

I ran an update a week or so ago & now what should be the icon is a question mark. It is not in my applications,it's not anywhere.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1password is gone from my computer. I have had it for 5-6 years & never had a problem. i ran an upd

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @TammyP,

I'm sorry to hear the 1Password app seems to be missing from your Mac! I'll be happy to help you find or reinstall it.

I don't know why the app would suddenly disappear from the Applications folder, but if you don't see it there, you can try using Spotlight on your Mac to search for "1Password". That will likely find some other files or folders related to 1Password, but what you want to look for in the search results is an app file (for example, 1Password.app or 1Password 6.app). Are you able to find the app anywhere on your Mac?

If not, your data should still be fine, since that is stored separately from the app file. So all you should need to do is download/install a new copy of the app. If you were using the AgileBits Store version of 1Password, you can download a new copy from our download site. If you were using the Mac App Store version of 1Password, you can launch the Mac App Store, click the Purchased tab, then find 1Password in the list and click the Install button.

Does that help? Please let us know how it all goes, and if you're still having trouble, we'll continue from there. Thanks! :)

This discussion has been closed.