Filling sign-in forms no longer works after installing Sierra

Options
marylr
marylr
Community Member
edited November 2016 in 1Password in the Browser

Recently updated MAC Pro IOS to Sierra. Since the update 1P will go to the website when I click on the name but will not fill in username or password. While on the website, if I open 1P it doesn't automatically show the website on the top of screen like it has done previously. Still won't populate username or password when I go down the list and find the correct website. I can open the website only by filling in the username myself, copying the password on 1P and then doing a copy into the password box. Tried reinstalling 1P and didn't help.

1Password Version: 6.3.5
Extension Version: 4.6.1
OS Version: OS X 10.12
Sync Type: Cloud
Referrer: forum-search:Updated MAC to Sierra and now 1Password won't fill in username and passwords on websites.

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @marylr,

I'm sorry you're having some trouble filling Logins on websites after installing Sierra! We'll be happy to help you solve this.

To start, can you please let us know a few more details about the issue and your setup:

• Is this a problem with one specific website/Login item? Or are you having the same problem on all sites?
    • What web browser are you using, and what version?
    • Do you see the 1Password extension icon in your browser's toolbar?
    • Do you also see the 1Password mini icon in your Mac's menubar?
    • If you open the main 1Password app and go to 1Password > Preferences > General, is there a check mark next to the option for Always keep 1Password mini running?
    • If you reboot your Mac and try again to fill a Login, is there any difference?
    • What are the exact steps you normally take to have 1Password fill sign-in forms on websites?
    • What happens if you click on the URL field of a Login item in the main 1Password app?
    • What happens if you open a website by choosing a Login item from the 1Password extension in the browser?
    • When using the extension, do you click the 1Password icon in your browser's toolbar, or do you use the ⌘\ keyboard shortcut?

Thanks in advance! :)

• marylr
    marylr
    Community Member
    Options
    1. All websites are involved. 2. Safari 10.0; 3. Yes; 4. Yes; 5. Yes; 6. No; 7. Use 1P in Safari toolbar, put in password, click on website. Occasionally the form won't fill in so I just click on 1P again and the website is listed first. When I click on it, it populates the website info. 8. still doesn't work; 9. Still doesn't work; 10. Click the icon.

Thanks for your help.

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@marylr It sounds like you're most often using open and fill for your Logins rather than navigating to the sign in page manually and then choosing your Login from the list. Is that right? I'm inferring this from your description of the process in your answer number 7 above.

If you do manually navigate to the sign in form first and then use the Login from the list, is that more reliable for you? It could be that there is a timing issue or something like that with open and fill.

Another thing that would be helpful to know is if it makes any difference if Safari is already open when you choose the Login. From your description of answer number 7, it sounds like it already is, but I want to make doubly sure.

Thanks!

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits

• marylr
    marylr
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Jamie: Sorry if my answer was confusing. I normally choose the login from the list and sometimes go directly to the website and then choose the log in which is then shown at the top of the box. Now, neither approach works. If Safari is open (when I have gone to the website directly) still doesn't work. The only approach that works is going to the website, manually filling in the password and then doing a copy and save on the password in 1P. Then I do a paste into the password box on the website. Hope this helps.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @marylr,

It may be worth us reviewing a diagnostic report. This link will guide you through the steps.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums

The email address you will want to use is support+forum@agilebits.com.

When sending the diagnostic report to the address above it would help immensely if you could include a link to this thread and your forum handle so we can connect the two.

Once you've sent the report a post here with the ticket ID will help us to keep an eye out for it. With access to the report we should be able to better assist you :smile:

• marylr
    marylr
    Community Member
    Options

Sent diagnostics. your support ID is [#FPP-41893-749]

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@marylr: Thanks! I see that we've received your email, so we can continue the conversation there. We'll take a look at the diagnostics and get back to you shortly! :)

ref: FPP-41893-749

This discussion has been closed.