1P unable to auto-fill ... 1P Teams site

Options

Hello,

I have a couple of sites that 1P isn't filling in the forms for.
One of them is, well, 1P Teams ( https://[company].1password.com/ )
It will not auto-fill the account key. Also, when it logs you out for inactivity, it won't auto-fill the password field.
Another site that doesn't work for me is http://infostream.toyota.ca/
On that second site, I can't even manually save the login info.

1Password Version: 6.3.5
Extension Version: 635001
OS Version: OSX 10.12.1
Sync Type: Local, Teams and iCloud

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @JonD0H

Thank you for getting in touch with us about this. I'm going to move your post to our "Saving and Filling in Browsers" category so the right people will be able to see ti and help you better.

About the first issue, there are 2 aspects for it. First of all, why do you need to add your Account Key every time? If you're on a personal computer then you should be able to store it and only need your Master Password. Either way, could you please try saving the login manually and see if that helps? I've been able to use 1Password on our Team account with no problem and you might guess that we get to use it quite a bit!

About the other site, What exactly do you mean by "can't even manually save the login info"? I tried saving a login following the instructions in the link above and ti seems to be working fine. Could you please check again and see if you have any luck?

If you're still having trouble with this, can you please give us some more details like which browser you're using and what's the version? :chuffed:

• JonD0H
    JonD0H
    Community Member
    Options

Hello,

When logging into 1P Teams, I don't have my info saved in the browser because I have the browser set to clear the cache every time I close it. Regardless, 1P still won't auto-populate the Account Key. Nor will it auto-populate the password field when the site logs you out for inactivity. I tried your suggestion by recreating the login in 1P using the manual method. It gave the same result.

As for the other site (infostream), I was unable to store the login/password. I have a quick video showing what I did ... but I can't post it.
    Basically, it shows the option to save a login, but doesn't actually do anything.
    Even if I leave the username/password fields blank it still shows I can save a login - but again, does nothing.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @JonD0H,

Let's start with our own site. The behaviour surrounding the account key is actually intended, we've purposely designed it this way. I confess I'm somewhat at odds with this particular behaviour. I've had the arguments why explained to me and there is a logic behind it but it still doesn't feel right to me. Now part of this argument is that we expect the browser will remember the account key for you as the vast majority of people don't purge regularly purge caches. I am one of the minority but even then I use an application to selectively do so. It may just be a handful of sites but some are allowed to store cookies. The distinction is important because it means we would approach it differently. If we class it as a bug, it's bad or unintended behaviour and it's about fixing 1Password to ensure it doesn't happen. If we're saying it currently works as intended then before anything changes it's about the discussion of what is the behaviour we want and why.

Now not filling the password when the email address and account key are pre-filled - that's a bug and a really dumb one at that. We have it fixed in beta and I cannot stress how much I want to see all the improvements we've made to filling to make it into a stable for stuff like this. So at least with the latter it's known and resolved and the sooner we can get it into a stable version the better (in my opinion). In the past I've been a bit more relaxed about suggesting trying out the beta because in the past returning to the stable version was remarkably easy. Sometimes this isn't the case now so before I could suggest trying out the beta I would like to know, is all your data in one or more 1Password accounts? If it is it would mean that should you need to return to the stable version it's a bit easier because you know your data is safe on our servers. You may have no desire to test a beta and that's throughly understandable too. I just thought I would mention it because it does at least address this one issue.

With the second site I do see at least one reason why we would get tripped up. Instead of using a button they've connected an image to a link. If you've ever been on a web page where you can click on an image to get the full size it's exactly like that. I'm not sure we can support that sort of design without risk of a swathe of false positives which would end up annoying people really fast. Now saying that I also test pressing enter when focus was in the password field and manually saving a Login item using the steps outlined on our page How to save a Login manually in your browser. Both worked for me and that was with the same version of 1Password as you have. So at the moment I don't know why it won't manually save for you as I'm seeing differently. Can I ask, what browser do you prefer to use and what are the versions of the browser and our own 1Password Browser Extension that is installed?

• JonD0H
    JonD0H
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for the explanation.

With regards to the password field that won't save, the browser I'm using is Firefox 50.0.2.
    1Password browser extension 4.6.2 running on 1Password 6.5.2

• JonD0H
    JonD0H
    Community Member
    Options

Would this issue be a similar issue to sites that have a separate browser security login screen?
    IE: Some sites will bring up a credential window (I believe built into the browser?)
    1Password doesn't work well with these sites.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2016
    Options

Hello @JonD0H,

Yeah, what you're seeing there is a basic authorisation request and it happens at a level below the web page. The 1Password Browser Extension works by interacting with the HTML of a page loaded in the tab but this is happening outside of the tab and prior to anything being loaded at all. I don't know precisely what the state of this is but certainly the prime blocker here was lack of an API across the various supported browsers which is what we would need for the extension to interact with it.

It's a pain but here you're pretty much limited to copy and paste with 1Password. Sorry about that.

On the this topic I do wonder how common it is to find a site using basicauth now? I'm not expecting an answer, it's just my curiosity has been piqued and I'm thinking out loud.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2016
    Options

Greetings @JonD0H,

On the matter of the http://infostream.toyota.ca/ it's weird but I see what you mean. I can manually save a Login item when I use Vivaldi (my preferred browser) but it doesn't work in Firefox. That will have to be investigated. Having spent a bit of time experimenting with Firefox what I've found is if you press enter when focus is in the password field it should offer to save. As we talked about before the Go button being an image gives almost nothing to go on so we're a bit stuck there but the not manually saving with Firefox will have to be investigated as the behaviour should be the same over all browsers unless a site is doing some really odd, browser specific stuff.

ref: OPX-1277

This discussion has been closed.