Firefox extension authorization code doesn't match during install

jaredhoyt
jaredhoyt
Community Member

I've been using the Chrome extension on both Mac and Windows successfully for a couple of months. I tried to install the Firefox extension (on Mac) this morning but when it tries to connect to the 1Password application, it's showing the wrong authorization code.

I've tried restarting both 1Password as well as Firefox, but the issue wasn't resolved.

The link on the authorization window said to cancel the extension linking step and contact support.

Here is a screenshot of what the extension is showing: http://i.imgur.com/r3jig4b.png

1Password Version: 6.3.5 (635001)
Extension Version: 4.6.1
OS Version: macOS 10.12.1
Sync Type: 1Password servers

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2016

Hi @jaredhoyt,

I'm sorry you're having trouble with the browser extension authorization in Firefox! We'll be happy to help you solve this.

Thank you for the screenshot! It looks like Firefox is showing “123456”, which is the default code when the extension authorization isn’t working correctly. We've seen that happen with older versions of Firefox. Can you please check which version is installed? Just go to Firefox > About Firefox from the menubar, and the window that opens will show you the version number. The latest stable version is currently 49.0.2, so if you have an older version, try installing the latest update, then restart Firefox and see if the extension authorization works.

Let us know how it goes, thanks! :)

• jaredhoyt
    jaredhoyt
    Community Member

Yep, that was the issue. I guess it's been a while since I've used Firefox.

Thanks @Drew_AG

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

That's great news, thanks for letting us know that solved the problem!

Hopefully you're all set, but if you have more questions or need anything else, just let us know - we're always happy to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.