Feature Request: New category for personal documents

stillerz
stillerz
Community Member

Hi,

I'd like to use 1Password to store personal confidential documents like (scanned) auto titles and other important documents. Similar to the Passport category, where I can attach a scan of my passport, but more generic for a number of use cases.

It would be great if there was a way to create a custom category for things like this. Or, even just a new category called "Personal Document" where you could attach the image and describe the doc.

What do you think?

Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @stillerz

Thank you very much for taking some time to tell us what you'd like to see in 1Password :chuffed: While custom categories are in our radar I can't tell you when or if we'll be able to see this in 1Password. I sure hope we do! Meanwhile there's a workaround for this that might help you :chuffed:

I'd recommend you to use "Notes" for this. You can add as many details and fields as you want as well as attached documents. You can attach a document to a note either when you create it or by clicking on "Edit" in the bottom left corner in 1Password.

I also want to mention that the new 1Password.com accounts actually have a category called "Documents" where you can just upload and store in your account things like what you mention!

Please let us know what you think about all this and if you have any further questions that we can help you with :chuffed:

• stillerz
    stillerz
    Community Member

Hi Pilar,

Darn! I'm sad to hear that there's a version of 1Password that seems to have exactly what I'm looking for, but its not in my desktop version (Mac, v6.3.5) of the app. I don't want to change to an account license. Is there any chance I'll see a "Documents" category in my app version soon?

(fingers crossed)

Thank you!

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @stillerz

I can't tell you whether if or when we'd be adding this to the desktop version of 1Password but thank you very much for letting us know that you'd like to see it! I'll let our developers know. We appreciate your input and knowing what you like and want to see added to 1Password :chuffed: Stay around to see the path that 1Password takes!

This discussion has been closed.