Specific browser "open and fill"

kaspertik
kaspertik
Community Member

When pressing the "open and fil" button next to an URL in an item in the vault, some of my links need to go to specific browsers, because specific pages need to be used in specific browsers.
I would very much like to be able to set which browser should open for a specific URL.

1Password Version: 6.3.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @kaspertik,

Thanks for writing in with your request! I can't make any promises about if/when we might add an option to set which browser opens a specific Login item, but I can certainly let our developers know you'd be interested in that.

For now, instead of using the "open and fill" option, you can open the browser you need to use, click on the 1Password extension, then find and click on a Login item. (In other words, don't view the item details, just click on the Login from the list of items.) That will open the site and/or fill your login credentials in that browser.

If you need anything else, be sure to let us know. Have a great weekend! :)

• kaspertik
    kaspertik
    Community Member

Yes, that's what i am used to do - but it's just not the same. I have to remember which browser to use for what etc. - anyway, i just want to let you know that it's a feature i miss.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @kaspertik

Thank you for letting us know what you'd like to see in 1Password, we really appreciate your input :chuffed: Stay around to see the new things that we add to 1Password! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.