Create item prompt on pages that don't have password field

Options

Our dev team uses TeamCity a lot. The 1password for Chrome extension frequently prompts to create an item for passwords even when there wasn't a password field submitted. This happens for lots of the configuration and settings pages in this application. Here's just one example:

Example repro with TeamCity 10.0.1. See https://jetbrains.com/teamcity/
Open default home page, which lists all projects and build configurations.
Next to each configuration, there is are two buttons to trigger a manual build. Button looks like this => (Run | ... ).
Click the (...) side of that button to open the advanced build optoins.
This opens a form in the page. There is no password field in this form as far as I can tell.
Click "Run Build". This submits the form and starts a build. For me, this always triggers a 1password save password prompt.

LMK if you need more details to figure out what triggers the false positive in 1password.

1Password Version: 6.3.5
Extension Version: 4.6.1.90
OS Version: osx 10.12.1
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:teamcity

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @mickmack89,

We've been trying to make improvements in this area recently so your timing is great. As somebody who has never heard of TeamCity or JetBrains though it seems like it's going to take a bit before I can reach the where I need to be. As I make my way there I wonder if you might be able to help us out a bit. Can you right click on the Run Build button and select the menu option Inspect please This will open a window you may already be familiar with. I'm wondering if you wouldn't mind posting the HTML element for the button just to see if there's anything obvious standing out.

I would also be curious, if you let 1Password save and then look at the web form details while in edit mode you will see the field type next to each field found. Is there a password field amongst them?

I think I need to download Docker next to reach the testing point so time to learn enough to get a basic install in place :smile:

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @mickmack89,

I've got this far after going down the easy route and using the Windows installer. Is this what you are referring to?

It isn't triggering a save Login prompt for me but I suspect there could be a number of reasons why. The Run Build is a submit button, something we look for but then for me it stops when it finds no password fields. It means I would be quite curious to learn what 1Password attempts to save if you let it, in a redacted form of course with no real data showing.

• mickmack89
    mickmack89
    Community Member
    Options

I played with this a little form. You are right - the prompt doesn't always trigger. My best guess at what is happening is that that my setup includes password fields in the "parameter" tab. Including a password type field doesn't always trigger the prompt, but the right combination of fields does.

Here's a snapshot of the form's HTML. Hope it helps: https://gist.githubusercontent.com/natemcmaster/12e3fcc5e4233013557375ba9527b878/raw/9d280e86ad1193a09bfab367c7f426968f767d6a/form.html

Fortunately, 1password let's me turn of Autosave for the website. As a side note, I had to search for how to do this as it isn't immediately obvious from the autosave popup.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mickmack89,

So this one does offer a quandary. It would be great if we didn't offer to save but I'm not sure how we could do so if it seems to match what we may expect to see in a Login item. We'll have to ponder this. At least with your assistance we've discovered what seems to be a logical explanation as to why and while I can't speak for you I know I always find things easier to accept when I do.

You're right, that particular aspect of 1Password could probably use with being more intuitive. At one point the menu contained more entries but with how it is now I don't think I could offer a convincing reason as to why it shouldn't be redesigned.

ref: OPM-3793

This discussion has been closed.