1Password no longer autofills login and password

craigwuest
craigwuest
Community Member
edited November 2016 in Mac

Autofill for usernames and passwords no longer works. May be related to recent Mac OS X Sierra updates, but I'm not sure. I have to copy and past usernames and passwords into the fields manually now. Please help!

1Password Version: 6.3.5 (635001)
Mac App Store_Extension Version:_ Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12.1
Sync Type:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

@craigwuest generally you may find this knowledge base article helpful:

If 1Password isn't working in your browser

If that doesn't help you resolve the issue please tell us:

1. what browser you are using;
    2. the 1Password browser extension version number (the link will tell you how to find that);
    3. how you usually get 1Password to fill in login details in the browser (e.g., using the ⌘\ shortcut or clicking on open and fill in the main 1Password app).

Stephen

• Mrdood1
    Mrdood1
    Community Member

Having the same problem on my Mac. Using Safari version 10. MacOS Sierra version 10.12 Password extension browser version 4.6.1. Normally use shortcut in mini pull down menu but that is not even offered as an option and cmd\ doesn't work either. Worked fine yesterday.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Mrdood1: Try restarting your Mac, and then make sure that you have 1Password mini enabled in 1Password Preferences > General. Let me know what you find!

• Mrdood1
    Mrdood1
    Community Member

The classic turn it off and turn it on again worked. Don't know why I didn't try it earlier. Needed to revalidate/synchronise with Safari.
    All good now thanks.

• craigwuest
    craigwuest
    Community Member

I followed the instructions that Stephen provided in the link, "If 1Password isn't working in your browser." I uninstalled the 1Password extension in Safari and reinstalled it. I made sure the 1Password preferences were set to automatically sign in after filling username and password (this was set before but wasn't working), and I double-checked that 1Password mini was always running (again, this was set before). I restarted Safari and restarted 1Password and autofill of usernames and passwords is now working. Chase, Wells Fargo, Fidelity, and other sites seem to be working properly now. Thanks Stephen!

Craig

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

That's great news, I'm glad to hear it's working correctly now! Thanks for following up here to let us know how it all worked out for you.

Hopefully you're all set now, but if you have more questions or need anything else, just let us know. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.