To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

If I move from a license to an individual account, can I access my passwords when offline?

sorazem
sorazem
Community Member

I have 2 mac and 2 IOS devices. I have intermittent syncing issues using iCloud your helpful team and my best efforts have not been able to fully resolve, and therefore I am looking at changing from a license to an account. First question; can I still access my passwords when I am offline?

Next; one of the things I have enjoyed about 1 Password is that it is fairly simple. Simple interface, no selling or cross selling involved, no updates with new social media features I don't care about. It is a business tool that does exactly what I need and nothing more. If I change am I going to be marketed to in the account app, see Pop ups, more "pro categories", options to connect via facebook, etc.) or be facing a more complicated interface? Thanks

1Password Version: 6.3.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Sierra
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:If I move from a lic to an acct, can I access my passwords when not connected to the internet?

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @sorazem

Thank you very much for your interest in a 1Password account and for having been with us for so long :love: I think that if you give a chance to the account you'll enjoy it quite a bit!

First question; can I still access my passwords when I am offline?

Yes, the data is stored on a local cache and you'll be able to easily access when you're offline.

About you're second question, there are two different parts for your answer. On one hand, you'll probably be using mostly the native apps. In this case you'll only have to add your account there and everything else will be virtually indistinguishable from the way you've been using 1Password.

You'll also have access to the Admin Console in your browser to deal with things like adding your payment information or creating new vaults. This interface is completely "clean". Given the security aspect of 1Password we would never do something like "Sign in with SocialMedia", we actually discourage that! The account already includes the full, most recent version of all the apps, so no advertisements of any kind. This web interface is pretty easy to use, but if you don't want to you'll only need to use it once a year to renew your subscription ;)

You can try the 1Password account for free for 30 days, so I'd recommend you to give it a shot and see how it feels for yourself! You can create the account here: https://1password.com

Just to be sure this process goes easy if you decide to try it, this article will help you migrate your data and get it set up :chuffed:

Please let us know if you have any other questions or if there's anything else we can do to help you!

• sorazem
    sorazem
    Community Member

Perfect Thank you.

• On behalf of Pilar, you're welcome. :) If you have some questions down the road just let us know.

This discussion has been closed.