Updating 1P logins via DropBox between Mac's running on El Capitan and Sierra ?

Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Community Member

My family members share 1P6 logins via DropBox between (1) a Mac-Mini running on El Capitan (v 10.11.6), with (2) a Mac laptop which will probably soon be running on Sierra, and with (3) an iPad (v10.0.2).

We probably will NOT be updating the Mac-Mini operating system because I use Quicken for Mac 2007 for all our financial stuff, and it is unlikely that app will ever be updated by Quicken Corp. (But that's a whole different story).

My two questions are:
Will our 1P6 records (logins, secure notes, credit cards, etc.) continue to play nicely when shared between 1Password vaults on each of these 3 machines, regardless of which new/different versions of operating systems they use ?

And, if so, will I need to update the 1P6 software on the Mac-Mini, the Mac laptop, and/or the iPad ?

1Password Version: 6.3.1 (Agile)
Extension Version: FireFox 49.0.2
OS Version: 10.11.6
Sync Type: DropBox

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Lamplighter,

Thanks for contacting us with your questions! If I understand, everything is working & syncing correctly with your current setup (1Password 6 on two Macs, 1Password 6 on your iPad, all syncing with each other via Dropbox), and you're wondering if that same setup with those same versions of 1Password will work correctly on future versions of macOS and iOS?

If so, there's really no way to know for sure at this point. macOS 10.12 (Sierra) and iOS 10 were both just released recently, and we don't yet know anything about future versions. It's certainly possible that a future version of an operating system might not be completely compatible with current versions of apps. But if that happens, we would certainly update 1Password to work with the new operating systems (although depending on when that happens, I don't know if it would be an update to 1Password 6, or if a newer version of 1Password will be out at that point).

I may have misunderstood your questions, though. If so, please let us know! :)

This discussion has been closed.