Missing sidebar in main panel

r_topor
r_topor
Community Member

I'm using 1Password 4 (version 4.4.3) on my Mac. I've recently upgraded the OS on the Mac from OS X 10.9.5 to macOS 10.12.1. 1Password 4 still works perfectly, and syncs correctly with other devices (I think) use my Dropbox vault. But the main 1Password 4 panel now has only 2 columns: a list of items and the details of the selected item. I can't see how to restore the sidebar column with the categories. Can anyone help please?

Rodney

1Password Version: 4.4.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.12.1
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @r_topor,

Sorry to hear you're having some trouble with the 1Password app on your Mac after upgrading to Sierra!

1Password 4 is actually an older version of 1Password which was last updated when OS X 10.9 (Mavericks) was the latest Mac operating system. The latest version of 1Password for Mac is currently version 6, and that supports Sierra. 1Password 6 is a free upgrade for anyone who has a license for 1Password 4 or 5.

If you're using the AgileBits Store version of 1Password for Mac, open the main 1Password app and go to the menu for 1Password > Check for Updates. If you're using the Mac App Store version, open the Mac App Store and check the Updates section. Once you've installed version 6, it should work correctly on Sierra.

Please let us know how it goes, and if it's still a problem, we'll continue from there. Thanks! :)

• r_topor
    r_topor
    Community Member

Thanks for the reply. I am using the AgileBits Store version. I upgraded in two steps to 5.4.3 and then to 6.3.5. The process went smoothly, and 1Password and syncing seems to work correctly. Great!

While I have your attention, I recently bought a new iPhone and moved forward several versions of iOS. I'm still running 1Password for iOS version 6.4.5. Should I upgrade? If so, how should I upgrade? Thanks.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@r_topor: Version 6.4.5 is the current release of 1Password for iOS, so it sounds like you should be all set. Be sure to let us know if you have any other questions though. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.