Importing from keychains is not currently supported in vaults from 1Password accounts.

gjorgensen
gjorgensen
Community Member

I get the error above when trying to follow these instructions:

https://support.1password.com/dropbox-share-vault/

Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@gjorgensen: I'm not sure I understand. Are you trying to use a 1Password Account for the subscription service, or trying to use local vaults with Dropbox? If you're still having trouble, be sure to let me know the OS, 1Password, and device versions you're using. Thanks in advance! :)

• gjorgensen
    gjorgensen
    Community Member

Hey I'm on the subscription service but a co-worker is trying to share a vault via dropbox. When I click the file in dropbox I get the error "Importing from keychains is not currently supported in vaults from 1Password accounts."

Thanks

• gjorgensen
    gjorgensen
    Community Member

My coworker bought 1PW a while back and uses it with dropbox. It looks like you're moving away from that now? Maybe that's why I'm having an issue. Is he in 'legacy mode'? He's happy to switch to a subscription if that helps.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @gjorgensen

Thank you for the extra details you've given us :chuffed: 1Password accounts were originally conceived and designed to make sharing vaults between different people easier. It's not that local vaults are legacy mode now, but it does mean that it was so complicated that we made sure to find a much better way to do it!

The easiest and best for you two to do if you're going to share a vault is to start a Team account within your workplace and use its build-in sharing capabilities. Please note that you won't be able to share vaults between individual accounts, like the one you currently have. You can read everything about 1Password Teams here: https://1password.com/teams/ and of course if you have any questions we'll be glad to help you with them!

If for some reason you don't want to try 1Password Teams or still want to sync the vaults via Dropbox instead please let us know and we'll be happy to help you sort that out too!

Please let us know what you decide and if there's anything we can do to help you either way :chuffed:

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@adamjb: I can tell you how to sign up for 1Password.com, but I don't want to let you believe that this is necessary to use Dropbox/OPVault. In fact, you can use the trial of the standalone app to do this, and one of the main benefits of the 1Password.com subscription service is not having to configure sync for individual vaults — you simply login to you account on each device to access your data. Can you tell me more about what you're trying to do? I'm sure I can help! :)

This discussion has been closed.