Login form with two passwords not working

Options

Hi,

I've been using 1Password for quite a long time but now the login doesn't work any longer. Not sure whether this is related to the web form or to 1Password? I'm trying to login to a Citrix farm (see code snippet below).
Unfortunately there are two password fields (passcode & password) but 1Password is filling-in only the first password field although all fields are defined in 1Password (see attachment). How can I solve this issue? I tested both Safari and Chrom but no luck. I also uninstalled & re-installed the extension on Safari.
Thanks, Manuel

<form method="post" action="/cgi/login" name="vpnForm" autocomplete="off" style="magin:0" id="vpnForm"> <div class="field clearfix CredentialTypeusername"> <div class="left"><span class="plain input_labels form_text" id="User_name">User name:</span></div> <div class="right"><input type="text" id="Enter user name" class="prePopulatedCredentials" autocomplete="off" spellcheck="true" name="a5992395352287885" size="30" maxlength="127" width="0" autofocus="" title="Enter user name" data-com.agilebits.onepassword.user-edited="yes"><input id="dummy_username" name="a6948180374271234" type="text" style="display:none"></div> </div> <div id="ctl08_loginAgentCdaHeaderText2" class="CTX_ContentTitleHeader login_page">Welcome to Allianz Virtual Client Please log on to continue.</div> <div class="field clearfix CredentialTypepassword"> <div class="left"><span class="plain input_labels form_text" id="Password">Passcode:</span></div> <div class="right"><input type="password" id="dummy_pass1" name="a0020856821910214" style="display:none"><input type="password" id="passwd" class="prePopulatedCredentials" autocomplete="off" spellcheck="true" name="a1762468113243296" size="30" maxlength="127" width="0" data-com.agilebits.onepassword.user-edited="yes"></div> </div> <div class="field clearfix CredentialTypepassword"> <div class="left"><span class="plain input_labels form_text" id="Password2">Password:</span></div> <div class="right"><input type="password" id="dummy_pass2" name="a8592302239859618" style="display:none"><input type="password" id="passwd1" class="prePopulatedCredentials" autocomplete="off" spellcheck="true" name="a9054285153371686" size="30" maxlength="127" width="0"></div> </div> <div class="field CredentialTypenone"></div> <div class="field buttons"> <div class="left"></div> <div class="right"><input type="submit" id="Log_On" value="Log On" class="custombutton login_page" name="a2911710877049207"></div> </div> </form>

1Password Version: 6.3.5
Extension Version: 4.6.1
OS Version: macOS 10.12.1
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:undefined, kb-search:webform, kb:undefined, kb-search:webform id

Comments

• manolete
    manolete
    Community Member
    Options

Could anybody help? Do I've to provide more details?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@manolete: Without knowing the URL it's impossible to test it and see definitively what can be done, but I have a couple suggestions:

First, based on the code you included, I think this may be a good candidate for a handmade "generic" login. Try creating a new login by hand for the site in the main 1Password app, adding only the username, password, and website to it, and see if that works better for you. The ridiculous random(?) field names may make it difficult for 1Password to recognize the form across multiple sessions.

Another thing you can try, just sort of the opposite, is to save the login manually:

1. Navigate to the website
    2. Enter your login credentials
    3. Click the 'keyhole' icon to bring up the extension
    4. Click the 'gear' icon for Settings
    5. Click Save New Login
    6. Give it a name and Save
    7. Close the webpage and select your new login from the extension to have 1Password Go & Fill
    8. Submit the form manually if you have autosumbit disabled

But I think the fruit option is more likely. Let me know what you find!

• manolete
    manolete
    Community Member
    Options

Hi brenty,

well I already created a manual login and user and password got filled properly but I need username, token & password and 1Password always stops after filling-in the second field. The site is a company url hence I don't want to expose it here. Can I sent a message via mail with the URL?
    Many thanks,
    Manuel

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2016
    Options

@manolete: Sure! Just shoot us an email at support+extension@agilebits.com and we'll be happy to take a look. :)

• manolete
    manolete
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Brenty,

this issue has been solved with a beta install in November last year but now I've performed a fresh install on a new MacBook and the login does not work any more. I've also tried to record the login automatically and modified the field names afterwards but without any luck. Do you've a clue what's going wrong here?
    Thanks, Manuel

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome back, Manuel ( @manolete ),

I'm not sure why your Login item has stopped working with the site in question. It's possible they've made adjustments to the login form and/or something in 1Password has changed in an incompatible way.

If you create a new Login item in the main 1Password app with custom fields in web form details, similar to what Jamie suggested to you in email in November, it should be able to successfully fill the form on the site. Here's an example of what that item would look like when editing it:

I've blanked out the name and website since you didn't specifically mention them in previous discussion here.

And this is what the form fields look like after filling with that item:

Sorry for the inconvenience of this workaround. Please let us know if you have any trouble with it, and if you'd prefer to move the conversation back to email. I'll also bring up the issue with the experts on our team who might have additional insights and information to offer you.

Cheers!

ref: INI-26958-548

• manolete
    manolete
    Community Member
    Options

Hi sjk

thanks for your quick feedback. I've tried what you suggested but it doesn't work for me.

After filling in the passcode 1Password stops.

Any idea what's the issue? I'm using 1Password 6.5.3 from MacApp Store on macOS 10.12.2.
    Cheers, Manuel

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for giving that a try, @manolete.

In case it might make a difference, which browser(s) and version(s) of the 1Password extension is it failing with for you?

• manolete
    manolete
    Community Member
    Options

I'm using Google Chrome v55.0.2883.95 (64-bit) and 1Password extension v4.6.2.90.
    Thanks

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @manolete,

Very odd. I have the Mac App Store version too and using the labels sjk suggested filled all three fields for me. You mentioned earlier saving a new Login item automatically and modifying so can I just confirm that in this last test you performed that you manually created a new Login item from inside the main 1Password window. Part of the information hidden from the user is that a Login item knows where it was created. This is important because the filling strategy you're trying to leverage isn't considered if the Login item to be used for filling was saved from inside the browser. This is why you have to go through the extra steps of creating a new Login item from inside 1Password rather than the browser.

If you're still having no joy could we see a diagnostic report please. Here's a link to the guide.

For 1Password on your Mac

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums

The email address you will want to use is support+extension@agilebits.com.

When sending the diagnostic report to the address above it would help immensely if you could include a link to this thread and your forum handle so we can connect the two.

Once you've sent the report a post here with the ticket ID will help us locate it and respond promptly.

• manolete
    manolete
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @littlebobbytables,

that was my mistake. I thought recording the login and change it afterwards would be key to success.
    Now I created the login manually and it works fine.
    Many thanks for the great support.
    Cheers

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @manolete,

Glad we could help :smile: That particular restriction was purposely put in which might sound odd but its inclusion meant a potentially big change to filling behaviour. By limiting it the way we did people can access it if needed but otherwise won't have their expected filling behaviour affected by this change. With so many interesting page designs for 1Password to be compatible with it is prudent to be cautious when introducing new filling changes. Even when cautious we still get surprised all the time :smile:

It should just work now but if you run into any troubles let us know.

This discussion has been closed.